Flooding

General discussion forum.
muffin57
Chatty Hen

Flooding

Post by muffin57 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Is anyone on here affected by the flooding in Ottawa? How about you Ontario Chick? You live in the area right? I hope everyone stays safe. Must be devastating for some.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Flooding

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Accept for the end of the driveway flooded last week we are high and dry, luckily on the hight ground right on the cusp between Ottawa river Valley and Mississippi River Valley.
Hydro was off last week in the middle of the night, so the sump pump was off just long enough to flood the basement for a bit, luckily there is no damage accept for some carpets that have gone in to the garbage and feed that is now stored upstairs in my broom closet.;)
It will take a while for it to dry out, but I can't even get too upset about it when I consider what people are going thru in Constance Bay.
They sure pay dearly for that beautiful view.

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Re: Flooding

Post by muffin57 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Well I'm glad you are safe OC. It's a bummer your basement flooded, but like you say you are more fortunate than some. I wouldn't want to live close to a river nor an ocean really. Every couple years in the spring I see water right up to peoples houses who live by a river and probably their basements are flooded. Not much fun if you aren't able to remain in your home and the cleanup when the water recedes.

Return to “Around the Waterer”