Selling chickens

General discussion forum.
Shnookie
Free Ranging

Selling chickens

Post by Shnookie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 am

I put an ad on Kijiji to sell some Ameraucana pullets and roosters. The first person to reply spoke for all the pullets and one rooster. They are picking them up today.
The second person to reply sent me all these, separately, one after the other.

Hi, I’m interested. Please contact me.
Wanting ALL 9 hens. MUST be laying green eggs!
Will be in Regina tomorrow (Friday) morning.
Please phone to arrange pickup place.

I replied to them to say that all the pullets were sold pending pick up. Then I got these messages one after the other.

If your pullets don't get pickup tomorrow I'm still wanting them.
Please give me a call. Willing to come any day.
Thanks

Advertising things for sale can be entertaining.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Re: Selling chickens

Post by Shnookie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 am

Yesterday I sold 2 Ameraucana roosters through my ad on Kijiji. They were from chicks I bought last year from near Saskatoon. The man who bought them asked me to meet his sister so she could take them to him. I didn't ask him where he was. He didn't ask me anything about the roosters except how old they were. I met his sister in Regina to give her the roosters. While we were talking, she said her brother lives near Saskatoon. I said it was funny, because the roosters came from near Saskatoon. It turns out the lady I bought the chicks from could live very near her brother. It's a small chicken world after all! I haven't heard from the buyer, so I don't know if he liked the roosters or if they got there ok. Some people I sell to let me know after they get the chickens.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Selling chickens

Post by kenya » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Yes I like it better when they let me know how they are doing.
I find it difficult selling because some people try and guilt you into selling what you don't want to, such as a hen by itself. Or think you found a lovely home only to find they have been eaten by a predator because they thought chicken wire would keep them safe or just decided they didn't want them after all once the novility wore off.

Return to “Around the Waterer”