New Year’s resolution

General discussion forum.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

New Year’s resolution

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm

So I’m keeping with my New Years resolution - sell 90% of my birds, sell or lend out my ‘bators, and get serious about rebuilding my barn, painting the bird shed, and building serious predator free coops. (not to mention house and garage repairs) In the past - the basement and garage would be full of chicks (and smell and dust), chickens running loose all over the yard and lawn, and nothing presentable to guests (at least to city cousins). Ontariochick is my inspiration: get serious and do it right. No more cobbled together junky wood structures (building it “temporary” always means ten years). An outdoor brooder room/house, solid fenced in pen for peafowl and pheasants: thats also on the list. Go big or go home.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: New Year’s resolution

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am

baronrenfrew wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm
. Ontariochick is my inspiration: get serious and do it right. No more cobbled together junky wood structures (building it “temporary” always means ten years). An outdoor brooder room/house, solid fenced in pen for peafowl and pheasants: thats also on the list. Go big or go home.
That is a very nice compliment Bert, I will hand it over to DH who first built the barn and then performed all the modifications as requested by the chickens :-)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: New Year’s resolution

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:54 am

I should add that there are constant modifications made, to make life of chickens and the chicken keeper as pleasant as possible, and work load as light as possible, the KISS principle at it's best :-)

Return to “Around the Waterer”