Privacy invasion

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Re: Privacy invasion

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Now this really takes the cake!!! I emailed my sister regarding a situation regarding my mom's health, she emailed back with questions, I knew she would be home from work by the time I read her questions so I called her with the answers to connect with her. A few days later gmail sent me an email saying that I hadn't answered my sister's questions and even gave me some suggestions on how to answer her!!! WHAT THE FLOCKOFGEESE!!! That's going too far, that's not being helpful... that's being "big brother" creepy! I still assume it's an automated system of some making.

I'm just waiting to get an email telling me to alter a recipe or switch to a google approved company after emailing someone.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Wow, that is a tiny bit freaky.
I am glad that when it was time to get a new e-mail, my "puter" geek son, discouraged me from using "gmail", because of lack of privacy.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:34 pm

@Skinny rooster , if I were you, I would change my gmail account password PDQ. That sounds like someone hacked your account, not legit gmail correspondence.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 am

Unfortunately, it' isn't somebody hacking your computer @Skinny rooster it is the big brother being helpful and providing services for the gormless and the illiterate.
You need to tighten your privacy settings https://safety.google/privacy/privacy-controls/

Return to “Around the Waterer”