Hagersville Auction

General discussion forum.
PigeonManNick
Newly Hatched Chick

Hagersville Auction

Post by PigeonManNick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

just wondering if anyone here has attended the Hagersville auction center. I was reading that they have a small animal auction and sell various poultry and rabbits and other pets. Is it worth taking a drive to go check out? It's about an hour drive from me so I just want to get an idea of what it will be like.

Thanks
White Homing Pigeons, American and English Budgies, and Finches
Email to see what I have available budgie789@gmail.com

Epona
Starting to Crow

Re: Hagersville Auction

Post by Epona » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:22 pm

They have a website and run special sales at Easter and a couple other times in the year. It is hit and miss as to what is there on regular Friday sales. I’ve gotten some high quality birds on occasion and many other times it was mostly spent birds. I used to live half an hour away from it. Was an interesting Friday morning especially in the spring sales....for chicks, and even bedding plants. I got my first Cayuga ducklings there, and they bred true with dark eggs. Plus I picked up a dozen Rhode Island chicks one time and they had the deep colour and body type of the old heritage breed. Best layers I ever had. Again, very hit and miss....

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Hagersville Auction

Post by WLLady » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am

i've sold through that auction several times...and i'm about 2.5 hours away LOL. like it way better than most auctions down my way.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”