I confess that...

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

I confess that...

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:22 pm

I have to confess that.... last fall I was feeling overwhelmed by too many personal issues and I decided to sell/ give away everything, chickens, rabbits, some cages etc. I have to also say... after this unbelievable winter, boy am I EVER glad I did! I have no regrets at all lol, I didn't miss one single moment of trying to get to the barn with warm water through four foot snow drifts and -35 wind chills. Someone asked me if there auctions coming up, probably but I'm not going near them! I just got fresh brown eggs for $3 and I didn't have to shovel any poo! This was a horrible horrible horrible winter, in this area at least.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: I confess that...

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:37 pm

That's OK. Just keep in touch with us on the forum! Yes this winter was nasty.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 am

i've had my moments too this winter thinking "wouldn't it be sooo much easier......". somehow i ended up with new fuzzybutts popping out of the incubator on friday and saturday and i have - i swear - almost no clue how....almost LOL.
this winter is long. cold. snowy. and no sigh of it ending quite yet......
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Stellap
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Stellap » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 am

I know exactly what you mean ... I went thru some health issues this January and no one to look after them so I gave/sold most of it away ... Glad I missed most of the winter. I'm starting up again though because I really miss the interaction. Take care of yourself.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:32 pm

I too know what you mean. I wanted a puppy so bad this winter but when I had to go out in the freezing cold, or freezing rain. When I would take my dog out and in a matter of minutes she would be sitting down with her feet up in the air because they were too cold, I was glad I didn't have a puppy.

Return to “Around the Waterer”