Group order wanted/needed

General discussion forum.
CSF Farm
Newly Hatched Chick

Group order wanted/needed

Post by CSF Farm » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:07 am

Hello all,

I am looking to raise/breed white standard Polish and have had trouble locating them. As such I would like to order some chicks from Beau Peep Farm in BC. I would love to share the shipping costs with others though. :-) Any chance there are a few people who are looking for something new or new blood and would like to join in? I would also consider joining a group ordering from McMurray in the US. I do not have a passport at this time though and cannot drive over the border to pick them up. :-( Am willing to travel in Ontario though. We are in the Kingston/Napanee area along the 401 corridor. I am also willing to buy from a breeder in Ontario if you know of anyone.

Sarah

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Group order wanted/needed

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 am

CSF Farm wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:07 am
Hello all,

I am looking to raise/breed white standard Polish and have had trouble locating them. As such I would like to order some chicks from Beau Peep Farm in BC. I would love to share the shipping costs with others though. :-) Any chance there are a few people who are looking for something new or new blood and would like to join in? I would also consider joining a group ordering from McMurray in the US. I do not have a passport at this time though and cannot drive over the border to pick them up. :-( Am willing to travel in Ontario though. We are in the Kingston/Napanee area along the 401 corridor. I am also willing to buy from a breeder in Ontario if you know of anyone.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Not sure if you can get what you are looking for from Brezzy birds farms. I have an order of hatching eggs being shipped tomorrow. There isn't an extra cost to add more shipping eggs. Check out their web site and let me know. I can add them to my order. We live close.

Cheers Karen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 am

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:25 am

:doh: thanks @Ontario Chick

CSF Farm
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by CSF Farm » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the offer to join you. Unfortunately they don't have Polish, but they do have some interesting breeds with 1 or 2 I haven't come across before. :-) I will certainly be keeping them in mind for future orders. Hubby will be so happy. ;-)

Ontario Chick, Thank you for putting the links up.

Sarah

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:14 pm

You are much welcome, it's better then reading seed catalogue ;)
I will add Performance Poultry, they seem to carry Polish
http://www.performancepoultry.com/shopcart/index.php

Thomas Squire
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Thomas Squire » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Sarah,
I am interested in joining a group order for MURRAY McMurray.

Thanks Tommy
phone 519-738-3390
t.squire@hotmail.ca

BobG
On the Roost

Post by BobG » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:24 am

Living near Beau Peep and judging 4H birds from them over the last 5yrs , I would not recommend buying from them. They are a broker who brings in all their chicks from USA , the birds are of poor quality . Just my 2 cents worth
Chilliwack B.C. Breeder, Exhibitor of SC Large RIR , Brown Red Modern Game Btms, Brown Red O.E. Btms , Grey Call Ducks

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks for your input @BobG I think there is sometime a perception that birds from "somewhere else" are somehow better, but unless they are from an actual breeder, and you can see the foundation stock, it's a risky business.
You may end up Shipping birds from West coast that may have come from Murray McMurray originally anyway, pretty expensive proposition, never mind the stress on the birds.

CSF Farm
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by CSF Farm » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 am

Thank you for all the info. It's always good to hear other people's experiences with regards to a hatchery. I knew I wouldn't necessarily get the best quality from a hatchery, but have to start somewhere. lol

I did find a place called Fur and Feather Muskoka that has the birds I'm looking for. Anyone have any experience with them? Should be a nice drive. Here is there website http://www.furandfeathersmuskoka.com/ (Perhaps they have what you're looking for as well Tommy). I will be contacting them for a price list.

Return to “Around the Waterer”