The GM chicken that lay eggs with anti-cancer drugs (story on BBC)

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: The GM chicken that lay eggs with anti-cancer drugs (story on BBC)

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 am

I think it's interesting that they have now discovered that cholesterol in eggs, preferably free range doesn't have an impact on cholesterol in the body. Wish I could find the reference. Interestingly I eat up to a dozen eggs a week (when they are laying haha) and I actually have low cholesterol, DH has high BUT it's all the good stuff. Go figure.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:35 am

that is very true......and actually they think that the bad cholesterol is made by bacteria in the gut!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 am
I think it's interesting that they have now discovered that cholesterol in eggs, preferably free-range doesn't have an impact on cholesterol in the body. Wish I could find the reference. Interestingly I eat up to a dozen eggs a week (when they are laying haha) and I actually have low cholesterol, DH has high BUT it's all the good stuff. Go figure.
A few years ago, my GP decided that she wanted me to put on some weight. I gave it a good try, and besides what I would normally eat, I snacked on hardboiled eggs every day. Between 6-12. And ate a lot of high-calorie density sweet crap. At the end of that year, my cholesterol numbers hadn't really changed, and unfortunately, my weight didn't change much either. A little over a kg.; three whole lbs. I'm still amazed that I didn't get sick of eating eggs, never mind get sick FROM eating them :sSig_censored:

Return to “Around the Waterer”