Help puppy blues

General discussion forum.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Help puppy blues

Post by kenya » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Help me please . I'm having puppy blues, I want one and everywhere I look I see a puppy. I find myself on kijiji looking at. german shepherd pups, am I crazy in this weather. Whats wrong with me?
I haven't told my husband, yet I replied to an ad asking all kinds of questions.
I saw a male that looks like my male I lost a few years back and I still miss him.
I'm sick I need help! :hands:

labradors
Head Chicken

Re: Help puppy blues

Post by labradors » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Oh no! Not now! Imagine a tiny puppy with a minute bladder and having to take the little tyke outside every couple of hours - including the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! That would be a crazy thought!!!! Could you postpone that idea until spring?

OTOH an older dog wouldn't be so bad...….

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Go with your gut Kenya . We’re looking for a housebroke one not to big for my daughter & her family . She’s been around dogs but her husband hasn’t & the 2 kids are iffy . Hopefully a dog that is easy but fun , fetch etc . Maybe from a home that can’t keep anymore . None with issues need apply . Thanks
Luck Gail
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 pm

kenya wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Help me please . I'm having puppy blues, I want one and everywhere I look I see a puppy. I find myself on kijiji looking at. german shepherd pups, am I crazy in this weather. Whats wrong with me?
I haven't told my husband, yet I replied to an ad asking all kinds of questions.
I saw a male that looks like my male I lost a few years back and I still miss him.
Actually what you need is a puppy :)
I did the same thing few years back, although we had a dog, suddenly there was this urge for another dog, didn't have to be a puppy, just kept saying "I feel a sudden shortage of dogs"
Yup, found him on kjiji, there he was looking pitiful, one of his best looks :)
rescue who was obviously in need of us ;)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Was that Chance? Really super chap!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Go for it Kenya. And if you can, try to get one about three months instead of the legal two months. They are more socialized with other dogs and have a lot greater muscle control for housetraining etc. All the breeders want them gone the day they are two months, make more money, feed less, less nuisance etc. But if you can get one just that little older, its easier for you and for them.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:56 pm

kenya wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm
We lost our first dog about 7 years ago Christmas.......she had been sick for a bit......well by Dec 29, that year we can home with 2 puppies :doh: what were we thinking :wave:
Best desicion we made. Winter puppies were great. They learned very quickly that when we went out it meant business. We dug a snow trench around our house and would run them. To this day they love the snow. We had a very easy time training them. They were very healthy when we got them....it's a great idea! Gives you something to do during the crappy months :banana:

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Oh my, now I want one even more! Time to talk to the hubby! We already have one, my avatar Summer.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:36 pm

:yappydog: Enablers ehh !!!
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Allan
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Allan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Well, the good thing about house training a puppy this time of year is that it won’t mess around outside very long in the middle of the night before it does it duty! Especially with temps like tonight🥶

Return to “Around the Waterer”