This weather SUCKS

General discussion forum.
Allan
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: This weather SUCKS

Post by Allan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 am

If I could give some advice on the action I would take with the sick hen? While she is staying warm inside her body is getting a break from the elements, which is allowing her immune system to keep the bacteria in her respiratory system at lower levels. However, the bacteria will linger and as soon as she has to acclimate to the colder environment again, her immune system will be suppressed and the bacteria will proliferate and make her very sick again. If you are not giving her an anti microbial in the form of natural supplements or an antibiotic to wipe out the bacteria, could I suggest that you do that?
Tetracyclines, tylan or a combo of both work very well. Or a good strong tea made from oregano, fresh crushed garlic bulb and cinnamon works as an anti microbial. I use it as a preventative. I add a good dose of the tea to their drinking water in periods of stress. But with her being as sick as she is, you may need to do a good week on antibiotics to wipe it out.

Allan
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: This weather SUCKS

Post by Allan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:34 am

I just saw your post about her passing after I posted my “advice” Kenya. Sorry to hear that she didn’t make it. I have one little hen that will break my heart someday when she goes. Agai, so sorry.

Return to “Around the Waterer”