Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm

If i go dark for a bit it's because I'm changing browsers. Not sure what will happen.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Oh thank you @poultry_admin I just noticed we have that fun Advent Calendar again - yay!!!!
Yes, it's back again!!!

If someone has some good jokes, pictures, and the like, I am always happy to freshen things up. Send them my way.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

clawton
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by clawton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:10 am

Good morning all
been awhile since iv been on ! Life got crazy for awhile with expecting and having our third son Rhys and having to deal with a difficult situation with the township clerk and bylaws! all settled down now but unfortunately i had to make the difficult decission to down size on my Cornish chickens due to this altercation! kept a few banty cornish for eggs and pets though! hope all is well if everyone and looking forward to catching up with PTO! Oh and we have been breeding American Chinchilla rabbits and looking to get a few more pigeons! giant runts and kings!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 am

Oh not another ByLaw fight. I am currently in hassles with our planner because they changed it to NO Livestock at all on less than 10 acres!!!! Livestock includes bees and fish in the basement. I got her verbal that we are grandfathered but the fight goes on.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi all! well, now that we have the december photos i'll be putting together the calendar. Once we have the year end winner for the cover i'll put that together. Freezing rain here-TONS of freezing rain. And of course, the horses ate the last of the bale outside. so we get to move hay in the freezing rain. whoohoo! ha ha
missed a visit by @Farrier1987 yesterday. decided to go deer hunting. saw some turkeys up close and personal. i should know that if i see turkeys while i'm deer hunting to just give up. i have never seen turkeys AND deer in the same day. and so i froze, went home and didn't see any deer the entire time. looks like tag soup for me. at least these tags are paper and the zizz stick should mush them up good. not like the old plastic ones. if i was a deer i wouldn't be moving in this crappy weather either. i'd find some standing corn and hang out. and eat. LOL
made my first gingerbread last night. not bad! need icing sugar...not getting that today! it can wait.
hope everyone stays safe and has a good sunday!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:27 pm

@WLLady I never thought of that but I'll watch out the car window and usually see deer and turkey but never together.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Ha ha, I just came back from a doggie walk and we came across 2 dear and 4 turkeys, but perhaps they are our resident group and hang together? ;)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:10 pm

I’m hanging on to tag end of season or I get
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:41 am

Good morning,
Fresh white stuff on the ground, fun to go for a walk and see who has been around during the night ;)
Thank you @poultry_admin for the advent calendar, actually had to think about the todays one, although we are having duck(s) for
Christmas. Apparently a bit slow this morning, I blame in on the newspaper that is so thin it doesn't give me enough time to wake up :coffe-news:
Got started on the Christmas cookies yesterday as it finally hit that the December thing is here and things must be faced.
Glad the chickens have reconsidered and are back to laying sporadically.
Have a sunny one !

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm

It would seem one of my hens has decided that now is a good time to go broody! She usually tries in the summer but didn’t this year but guess she thought better late than never! Or, she’s thinking she’ll hole up in the nest box to hibernate...at least she and the other hen in that pen don’t lay many eggs and I when collect them they’re not frozen.
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

Return to “Around the Waterer”