Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by kenya » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Well Ross that was horrible care and no excuse for it, granted nurses are busy but a call bell not working for even 1 shift is inexcusable. You could have fallen or been bleeding. Shame on that hospital!

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 pm

kenya wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm
Well Ross that was horrible care and no excuse for it, granted nurses are busy but a call bell not working for even 1 shift is inexcusable. You could have fallen or been bleeding. Shame on that hospital!
I totally agree...maintenance in hospitals, is way down on the list of priorities it seems..the cleaners are poorly trained as well....there are nowhere near enough nurses....not even close
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:58 am

One nurse I met locally is working 3 part time nursing jobs because full time isn't hiring any more so they don't have to pay benefits!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:58 am
One nurse I met locally is working 3 part time nursing jobs because full time isn't hiring any more so they don't have to pay benefits!
Yes, it does have something to do with money/funding cutbacks, I think. Another problem may be how difficult it is to get rid of dead wood to make room for hiring on competent staff.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 am

WLLady wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 pm
[...]but i have found 5 mystery bugs that i don't know what they are....even a good search isn't helping, so i pulled them out and put them into their own little container to see what they do.[...]
Pics please. :-)
How big are they and what colour are they? Is it possible that they are juvenile darkling beetles? They start off light to mid-brown and get darker as they mature.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am

20190213_215958.jpg
theyre a little more black than this now. im thinking black soldier fly larvae maybe....i took them out and have them separated in their own little container. the place i got them from grows all kinds of bugs superworms, tobacco hornworms soldier fly larvae etc etc etc.
finding lots of pupae now so hoping in a couple weeks the first ones will do the beetle thing lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Jaye wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 am
Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:58 am
Yes, it does have something to do with money/funding cutbacks, I think. Another problem may be how difficult it is to get rid of dead wood to make room for hiring on competent staff.
That's our socialized medical system, for you.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 pm

kenya wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm
Where the heck are their Biomedical Technicans? Every group of hospitals has some on staff - both Mechanical and Electrical.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Good afternoon,
Had lovely lunch of filleted breaded and ,gulp, deep-fried turkey breast, Thank you @Killerbunny absolutely delicious
even managed to cook it very fast, not my usual shoe leather method, since I knew they were young birds out of healthy environment, definitely adds to the pleasure of eating. :turkeycook: .
DH used snow blower to cut a path in the back four, looks like NCC park, only better, :YES:
noticed that the deer and turkeys also appreciate it.

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:35 pm

WLLady wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am
20190213_215958.jpg
theyre a little more black than this now. im thinking black soldier fly larvae maybe....i took them out and have them separated in their own little container. the place i got them from grows all kinds of bugs superworms, tobacco hornworms soldier fly larvae etc etc etc.
finding lots of pupae now so hoping in a couple weeks the first ones will do the beetle thing lol
Nope, not a mealie. lol.
I think you may be right about it being BSFL. I'm betting that somehow your batch got some mixed in during sorting. ;-)
Feed them some "aromatic" kitchen scraps - AKA a bit of meat leftovers - and if they go to town on it, there's a chance it's BSFL. If it's BSFL, they also really like spent grains from beer brewing. If you have any micro-breweries near you, that's a good source of free feed.
However, if they're super worms (which they do kind of look like), they are more into a similar diet as mealies. and they are much more cannibalistic and require special care.
Last edited by Jaye on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Around the Waterer”