Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:44 am

It's really tough with turkeys, those great big eyes stare up at you! We have a heck of a time at processing.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 am

I name All my birds! You can't eat them if they're named. It's a rule somewhere, I'm sure :wave:

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:23 am

Heck of a wild night here. Birds all OK but I'm glad we took down the questionable trees a while ago!
Mutt chickens for eggs

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:51 am

Crazy wind and mixed precipitation continues here this morning.
The chickens and the quail are hanging out in their houses rather than out in their runs. I guess we can expect another egg drought after this.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:41 am

Snow on the ground here, don't expect it to stay, hope not anyway.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Kbr42 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 am
I name All my birds! You can't eat them if they're named. It's a rule somewhere, I'm sure :wave:
Yep me too Breakfast , Dinner & Supper .🐤 🐔 🦃
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:30 am

Good morning,
Crazy wind here yesterday, plenty of water to re-fill the wetlands, my new entertainment is to watch the water rising ;)
Had a lovely visit with @Killerbunny and her DH, the freezer topped up with some "happy" turkey, feel ready for winter now.

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:58 pm

ANd @Ontario Chick provided some wonderful apple pie and apples to go! Nice visit.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Well, I thought the sun would stay out longer than it did... but my laundry dried anyhow. I have a pair of insulated coveralls out on the line still. Good wind so it should dry.

Ugh... I just turned the furnace on for the first time, and now it stinks in here. Probably dust and crap in the vents. Gross. Burning kind of dust/crappy smell. The filter was changed not long ago, when we used the central air. Its 63F in here... so I set it at 67F. The propane fireplace has been on for about a week... but only when we are in the house, and at night. Most of the day its off. Its set real low too, but it warms this living room, and when the sun is shining in the south big window, it doesn't even come on.

Been cooking all day. Made 3 batches of muffins from butternut squash, and got the idea that maybe I could freeze 2 batches. I buy a few muffin/cookie batter mixes from Sawyers school fundraiser, and I did keep the containers. So... I put 2 batches away in the freezer. The batch makes 20 normal sized muffins, but I like super sized, so made 12. These are so good to eat with a coffee before bus run... and it soaks UP the coffee, so my teeth aren't floating before I get home.
squash muffins.jpg
Then took very dead banana's and made 14 chocolate chip banana muffins.
dead banana's.jpg
Then found this yummy recipe... and thinking with all the squirrels I have 'bagged' this year, I could have put them to good use!!!!!!!!
squirrel.jpg
Wouldn't mind trying it actually.... this is coming from a very old very worn out falling apart cookbook published in 1946! Its called the American Housewife cookbook, lol.
American housewife cookbook.jpg
I have so many old old cookbooks. I enjoy reading them like books!! And found this recipe in a hamburger cookbook... and its coming in handy with the recent cow we had all done into hamburger! We have 480 pounds in the freezer, lol. ALL in pound packages. Heres the recipe I made today. OMG... smells so good. So, made with corn grown by Gary's ex sister in law..., our beef.. my potatoes and onion... and a few other added extra's.
potato hamburg corn casserole.jpg
This time change sucks!! I was up at 4:30am. And of course, couldn't get back to sleep. I'm going to have to make sure I get my alarm clock time set by morning!

Now to go dig in to an early supper!! THEN, go to the barn, lol.

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Crazy as it sounds, put Christmas lights on the coop today. One coop has Red and White, the other has Red and Green. Super cute! However, the Red and Green ones were half dead. I hated it when half the lights die. I decided to Google fixing LED Christmas lights. Who knew there is a tool for such a thing! I guess that's next on my tool list. I managed to fix the lights. But it was hailing so they will have to wait to go up. Up super early today as well. Now I'm super hungry. I guess I'll have to wait for a while before dinner. :doh:

Return to “Around the Waterer”