Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pm

PBS NOW programme about eggs and development!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am

So my silkies are mad at me , calling me names.
It's nasty here , ice pellets so I said they would stay in for today. What a ruckus, name calling, sometimes they can be soooo mean.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Good morning,
Sunny and windy here, pretty glorious morning, or it just seems like it after yesterday visiting a friend in palliative care.
There is nothing like working around chickens to bring things back in to balance.
@Killerbunny I should be able to check out my garlic bed tomorrow.
Have a sunny one!

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Sheesh. Two of my 8 year old girls resumed laying this week. Big Momma laid a total of 3 eggs (every other day). This is the girl I thought was on her death bed several times. Goes to show how little I know 🤣! They are Barred Rocks from Freys. The 3rd 8 year old hasn't laid but she sure looks like she's going to.

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Happy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Sheesh. Two of my 8 year old girls resumed laying this week. Big Momma laid a total of 3 eggs (every other day). This is the girl I thought was on her death bed several times. Goes to show how little I know 🤣! They are Barred Rocks from Freys. The 3rd 8 year old hasn't laid but she sure looks like she's going to.
My oldest silkie is laying again. She's 8 as well. She's Butler's favorite right now...who knew her darn eggs are fertile. I might have to throw them under one of my many broodys ..lol

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am

nice day yesterday. today well....i shall hibernate shortly. even the greenhouse is cold. critters were all out of sorts on friday now i know why lol. it was falling solid but has since turned to rain but coollllllldddd! we have the fireplace going. most of the fencing that needed doing was done yesterday. some birds headed to new homes today and fingers crossed on 2 turkey eggs in the incubator. custom hatch for a friend is perking along and looking good so far. had to split my mealworm colony into 4 bins...too many adults. have my first generation babies too. seriously millions of them. yikes. they are prolific. have to figure out keeping puppy busy today. too cold out for cold and wet....and puppy is busy. over 40 pounds now shes going to be a big dog. and i do think her feet grew too lol. layer coop needs its spring clean out...but not doing that today. nope. i am hibernating.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 am

Snow drops everywhere and Robins no doubt happy because we are under "Rainfall warning" so more water...just what we needed ;)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 am

It was one of those mornings, DH rushed in to the bedroom and said.......
"BAD News"....... and then stood there for a dramatic pose, just long enough for me to imagine who might have died overnight .......
He does this all the time, although I have explained to him, that unless somebody died or the damage is more the $ 5 000, to please not open with
"BAD News" announcement,
The news was, that we were without power overnight for 3 hours and the basement has flooded, but then the sump pump started again so now there are small islands interspersed with shallow lakes in the basement. To mitigate the damage DH started mopping up, until I reminded him he has a wet vac.
Here I would like to give myself a serious pat on the back, because I have been on a basement clean out war path for the last year and all things of value have been sold, and everything else is on shelves.
In other words, it could have been worse ;)
the floods
Flood April 15 2018.jpg

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am

Oh crap OC! We didn't get the rain they promised fortunately but they'll probably save it for a surprise later.
PBS will be showing the NATURE episode this week of Big Birds Can't Fly. I hope it is as good as the Egg one.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am

I'm glad you got stuff up this year OC! hopefully the ground thaws fast, and the waters recede.....ah yes, a dry/wet vac would make that a lot easier! is it bad enough that a pump out the window may help? maybe this is finally spring.....
although i woke to snow this morning-well, a mix of snow and rain falling from the sky.....
i wanted to get into the greenhouse yesterday but it was just too darned cold! i did get the heater installed...and maybe i'll get out there tomorrow since tonight is supposed to be -5!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”