Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:11 am

Good morning,
Sooo 5C today, it's starting to feel like a rollercoaster....
Christmas bread baked, cookies eaten as fast as I bake them so will have to stop soon, going out for lunch today since I will be chained to the stove for next 3 days, need to go out and critique somebody else cooking ;)
Really glad we decided no more gift exchange for adults, can't believe how truly peaceful it made my Christmas preparations.
Have a good one!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:54 am

11C yesterday. 10C the day before. Coyotes (well coyote/dog mixes) all over the place. We have a fur in tanning right now.....no deer anywhere so i think my season is over.
Merry christmas to everyone for tomorrow! I finally finished shopping yesterday. thank goodness for online! I did have to venture into london to take my mom up to the hospital for drs appointments, and the traffic was just NUTS. I actually saw someone back out of the mall parking lot straight into 4 lanes of traffic without looking. Grid lock around all the malls starting at 10am sharp. yikes. glad i wasn't shopping! Managed to get a parking pass for my teaching at the college next term. it's going to be a busy year coming up. possible job change, working 2 jobs and the farm. I'm not replacing chickens as they get older and pass on. today apparently we're cutting firewood because 26C in the house is not warm enough LOL Another big wind finished off pretty much 50% of the trees in the woods. it's impossible to walk through so we are cutting paths....literally....atv and chainsaw down, cut the trees, pull up the wood and get another 10 feet down the trail. it's brutal the number of trees down. At least the warmer temps are stretching the horse hay out. i need to find another supplier. The bales are 20% lighter this year. Or find a place they can weigh and charge by weight. argh. it's nice hay BUT i need a bale to last more than 3 days! i only have 2 horses!
Christmas tomorrow, friends, family, food. :-)
Well, i hear the tractor running, i better stop being lazy and get out there.....hope everyone has a wonderful christmas or whichever holiday they are celebrating right now! festivus for me....which is Just fine :-)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:00 am

Do your horses have availability of 24/7 hay Kathy or is round bale locked off .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:08 am

Its that Merry time of year. And St.Catherine of the Immaculate Contraption is making me go to her moms place just to spoil things.

I wanted to give her mom a young cockerel to live in her back yard in Sarnia. No.

I said I had to stay home to milk the goat that hasn't been milked in a week or two. No. Wont be my fault if she gets mastitis.

So I have to go paste on a smile, not see the goats and dogs and chickens and cats for over 24 hours and sleep in a strange bed. Then they want you to be Mary and Happy. Bah Humbug. Whine. Complain.

Take care everyone. I may never be back, but we will see. YOU, OVER THERE, STOP THAT CHEERING! Its not plite.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:14 am

Ha! Ha! Wine complain , you'll survive!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Tomorrow is Pizza day for us and Muppets Christmas Carol, maybe a "little" wine. Birds will get their treats. Turkeys will be happy knowing that they weren't picked to be a dinner guest! Then we will be off doing our Traditional Xmas renovations, this year insulating some walls more.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Cheese to go with that whine Farrier
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:06 pm

ah, we all suffer in so many different ways, tomorrow roasting a duck # 2, then eating the bits no suitable for the guests...
what was I thinking ???

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Well happy news from here. Our friend welcomed a new grandaughter this morning!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am

Well quite a night here. My Precious got up at 2 am, thought she would let the dog out. He immediately tied into a Possum, right outside the door. Fierce battle and the possum was making chicken sounds sort of. Precious was shouting and commanding him to stop, but he was too busy to listen until the possum died, Ranger shook him by the neck. Job done. He got highly praised (by me) and a dog biscuit.

Out at daybreak to do chores. The dead possum was gone. coming back in the house, I looked over. Have a short piece of ten inch pipe about 2 ft long. A chicken sticking its head out and back in, facing out the end with a railway tie next to it. Enough space for her to pop her head out and in, but not to get out. Not in any trouble I thought, but I pulled the tie away sh she could exit. And she did, limping away. Wife said that was mostly where the battle took place, and she kept hearing a chicken. Even maybe after the possum was dead.

So, now the sherlock holmes kicks in. I am thinking that chicken had gone in the other end, seeing daylight, got to the other end and couldn't get out, sometime yesterday. (I am guessing she couldn't back up, or didn't realize she could) Was spending the night and a possum though she might be the midnight snack he was desiring. Then the dog got into it, possum died and was resurected but thought he wouldn't hang around. We do chores, find chicken and release, she limps away with a story to tell the others.

The excitement and intrigue never end around this place!
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Around the Waterer”