Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
KimChick
Head Chicken

Re: Good Morning!

Post by KimChick » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:29 pm

It's not too much past morning... good day everyone! Nice and mild outside right now.
Baron, is your wife going to do the painting? If so, I say, "Let 'er at it!"

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:47 pm

well the house is as painted as its going to get now....the front room and kitchen are still in flux on what to do with them. the kitchen has cracks in the drywall and i am thinking a remodel is needed so not wasting the paint if it will be torn out. and the front room is unfinished and where the endless pool is so a bit hard to paint unless either standing IN the pool or on boards across the pool and well....neither appeals to me right now. its just a room for working out so it can stay that way for now.
the baseboard is in and casements in everywhere except the closets in the offices because the doorknobs that framed them framed them 3/4 of an inch too short for a standard door!!! so we are fussing about what to do for closet doors first. everything else has painted casements installed. and a new to me power brad nailer why oh why didnt i buy one of these earlier??! now the vacuuming starts lol. had yo bring the saw inside. sawdust everywhere haha
im going to be posting some turkeys for sale....just need to get off my butt and do. already have orders coming in for eggs....i hope they stop laying and start again in the spring! i do not have housing for hatching poults right now!!! thinking of going to mount forest this spring too. been a couple years.
well yesterday was gorgeous. today its foggy like crazy!!! hay to move and house to clean and maybe i will get my christmas jigsaw puzzle out of the box finally!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm

WLLady what is an endless pool? yes Ross, paint the house.

my exercise room is outdoors - tool is a chainsaw or splitting axe. snowmobile is not productive at moving wood (with the sled and trailer I have) but its lots of fun and I am getting to areas I otherwise never get to and no worries of mosquitoes, or mud.
Last edited by baronrenfrew on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:34 pm

How come I'm walking and she's on the sled?
How come I'm walking and she's on the sled?
cut a big old birch - moving one slice at a time in the sled.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 am

Good morning,
Excellent exercise @baronrenfrew , perhaps slapping on a pair of skis and you may have a race?
Really crispy here, I hope somebody is making a graph of the temperatures so far this winter, or perhaps a picture of a rollercoaster might do.
Noticed @Killerbunny is firing friends so am staying out of her way ;)
Send DH out for groceries as I am still a vector of bacteria, so may have some interesting meals this week,
eggs coming slowly, one blue every 4 days or so, the Ameraucanas might be going in to the soup pot soon, slackers the whole bunch.
While scraping a layer of snow off the quonset, the whole shebang came down in one piece, layer of ice and layer of snow and layer of ice, for a moment I thought the quonset was coming down with it.
Have a safe one!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 am

Hey @Ontario Chick you guys are safe!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:02 pm

firing friends sounds scary! :hide:

yes @baronrenfrew it's an endless pool. i can walk on the treadmill, swim and elliptical (carefully)....of course i try to do the stuff outside too, but lifting huge things and using a chainsaw are not happening again....so i do what i can while protecting my back as i can! So i hook up chains to logs and run the logsplitter....lol. we did take a couple long walks through the woods and scoped out the downed trees that need to be pulled out. wow, there are so many with the ash borer. it's staggering. i hope everyone out east does not get the freezing rain in any big way! we are getting some snow right now....pretty but i'm glad i'm not on the road!

made a pile of pickled eggs yesterday. chased yet another mouse around the house (ARGH! why do i have 3 cats again??! hmmmm????). and actually started my puzzle that i got to do over the christmas holidays. lol

sold on 11 turkeys yesterday to new homes :-) yay! feed bill is down, breeding groups set up now, so hopefully in 6 weeks i'll have good eggs for hatching if they haven't run out by then! barn is clean, pens are good for another week or so....
and christmas holidays are over. sigh. a few chickens to process next. choose my breeders for going forward and then starting end of january start collecting for hatching! of course my seed catalogues are coming in too! yay
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am

I have to report that I found some excellent quality bunny poo around the turkey paddock this am @baronrenfrew is sure to be interested. My bunnies like the good quality hay the birds get and also the feed. The bunnies get regular exercise when the Jakes decide to "play" with them.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am
I have to report that I found some excellent quality bunny poo around the turkey paddock this am @baronrenfrew is sure to be interested. My bunnies like the good quality hay the birds get and also the feed. The bunnies get regular exercise when the Jakes decide to "play" with them.
We may need a video of that!

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:52 am

Out on Sunday for a walk behind our property. A trapper stopped us and told us to watch out for the 'white buckets'. He is trapping Fishers! :banana:

Yesterday, our neighbor texted that the trap closest to the coop had a hit! Put on the boots and went out for a look! Sure enough a female Fisher dead in the trap. There are 3 traps out behind us. Apparently, they get 180.00 per pelt.

And tell me why I have 2 broody girls in January :doh:

Return to “Around the Waterer”