Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Happy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:49 pm

758DB656-0F91-4437-8B9B-D39C748A5AB2.jpeg
My Easter egg hunt this morning. Walked into a broody party lol. Look at the eyeballs on Gilly (lower right) 😂 “no eggs here move along...”

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am

Hi everyone! that was one of the rainiest weekends ever.....we did finally get the fencing done on sunday. along with a sunburn LOL.

i just wanted to drop in today and tell all you folks how wonderful you are, and how you all make this forum a wonderful place to come and visit and chat! i am a moderator on another forum (totally unrelated to poultry) and there are days like today that i completely appreciate the effort everyone here makes in keeping this forum civil and friendly. THANK YOU!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am

We’re all a scared of you Kathy . Lol
He said with tongue in cheek . Thanks for all you guys work . Yes it is nice . 🤪
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes thanks for all your work, everyone on here seems like family.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Like Ross said....... ;)
also some of us still remember "all the angry people" on PSO, and where are they now??
just a rhetorical question, I really don't care, but really appreciate a friendly place to go,
our congenial PTO

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 am

Good morning!
Had a wonderful visit with @Killerbunny yesterday. She stuffed me full of delicious food and we traded some seeds and gave me some developing turkey eggs to stuff under a hen as soon as I'm sure they all survived the trip home. As soon as I got home, I stuck them in the incubator to warm back up, just checked them an hour ago (about 12 hours after the drive), and they seem good!
We were discussing Two, the turkey, who has laid very few eggs since I got her and has shown no indications of ever wanting to go broody. After I got home and got the wriggly embryos settled, I went and checked on my birds and darn me if Two wasn't sitting in Twenty-seven's nest, laying a big ol' perfect egg and making a liar out of me.
We also briefly discussed my dog, Penny. I'm not sure I impressed on KB what a good dog Penny is. When I pulled into my laneway, Penny was in the house, and as I opened the door, she as usual made sure I was in one piece and hadn't been cheating on her with other dogs. She then ran to the side of the laneway to show me her latest "prize". A dead weasel, the first I've seen here. Still in it's ermine phase (winter white colours) but clearly a fresh kill. I am so happy with this dog. She's a mixed Bluetick/Great Pyrenees (I think?) that I got from @Dominion Link almost two years ago. Since she grew up, nothing, but NOTHING comes to eat my birds. If I could afford it, I would have a dozen dogs just like my Penny. A couple years ago after we lost our little predator hunter, Askem, we had a huge problem with a big coyote hybrid moving right in and taking ducks willy nilly and even grown healthy turkeys. No more! Coyotes don't DARE to even HINT that they're near our property--Penny is on like DonkeyKong. She's starting to make friends with our immediate neighbours--before, most were nervous about her pacing the fencelines...neighbour on the left said Penny was making their cows nervous and the right side neighbour said they were worried about their chickens, kids and dog. In the past week I've had both neighbours show up at my door and make nice and mention how awesome and friendly Penny is, and that they haven't had anything predate their animals lately. Penny will charge the electric fence (both the regular one for the cows and the buried one for her collar) if there's a coyote or raccoon. She will go through it like it's not even there, if there's something to go after. Coyotes don't come anywhere near here anymore, or if they do, they sneak through quickly and harmlessly. I am so happy!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:01 am

And Freddie the Tom (triple F) really likes Richard, really, really likes Richard!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:39 am

morning all!
driving out this morning there was a fox in the neighbours driveway. as soon as i am home the traps are going out.....sigh. i do have free rangers at the moment, but they're all the old birds and barely laying and mostly eating bugs for me. so not a huge loss, but i really don't want to encourage loss! argh! have a totally full incubator at the moment, should hatch just in time for wyoming BST. and to just totally tick me off 3 people "coming to get birds" who have gotten birds from me before all didn't show TWICE! and it's 3 individual people, not a group of 3.....sigh. oh well. they don't come before friday the birds go elsewhere because i have a line up of people waiting on started birds.

i did get the fortna seed up to TomK....hopefully he sprinkled those around to people...i think OC and WWW? or KB and WWW?
anyways, they grow like crazy, even from seeding out. nothing in my greenhouse has sprouted yet....and i'm afraid it's been cold at night and i hope it didn't just rot all the seed. sigh. might be a quiet gardening year if it did!

i think we'll need a LGD sometime too. was going to get one from dominion link, but they had some problems with the litter, sad story....moms okay though-but will start looking for one likely in a year or so again. i'm not sure i'm up for 2 puppies. this one we have right now is super busy. lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am

SO the Cassowary in Texas that killed the guy is going up for auction on Saturday, @JimW will you be bidding?????
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 am

ROAD TRIP Jim , I’ll ride shotgun. Lol
Pretty bird
Attachments
EDCFE72C-0B8A-482C-AF4A-43587556609D.jpeg