Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Good Morning!

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 pm

The city - you can walk and get a beer (or maybe mugged) - large numbers of people mean art galleries, museums, music halls, restaurants, shopping malls, dog poo in spring, and best of all ---traffic!

The best noise I hear from my window is birds and frogs. peepers, chorus frogs, toads, green frogs, leapord frogs, mink frogs, all at a slightly different time in spring.

plus coyotes on occasion.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:08 pm

gday everyone. this is exactly what it means to be a 15 week old yellow lab with a horribly tough life lol

:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am

2 very LARGE Piliated woodpeckers here this AM . Saw from house windo couldn’t get good pics . Bottom left
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:45 am

2 very LARGE Piliated woodpeckers here this AM . Saw from house windo couldn’t get good pics . Bottom centre is one .
Attachments
5FC99E22-431B-4E60-B660-833D04BBFB00.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 am

Overheard a conversation in my work area this a.m.: "We saw the first squirrel this year in our yard yesterday ..." ( :-o ?!) That's the first time I've ever heard of squirrels being harbingers of spring and I had no idea that they were so scarce over winter in Ottawa. There are more than enough of them in our neighborhood all year round. Yesterday I discovered that several of them have been chewing a hole in the siding under the eaves in a corner of our house. I would like to re-home them to Ottawa, since they appear to have such a shortage of them. ;-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm

@Jaye

I agree if they are scarce in Ottawa in the winter, must be because they go out winter holidays in the country. I have an over abundance of red squirrels running around everywhere here, I would love to relocate to the city.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

I beg to differ, they are all living at my place eating all the bird seed.
This is the morning shift the black ones show up in the afternoon
Four reds.jpg

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:35 am

WLLady wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:08 pm
gday everyone. this is exactly what it means to be a 15 week old yellow lab with a horribly tough life lol

I was waiting for the yelp when he bit his tail! Has that happened yet?

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Good morning,
Lovely morning in Port Moody, temperatures expected around 20C, I could get used to it although it's not going to last.
So far may stay is defying the "Wet coast" moniker, it has been sunny every day since Friday, I know that's also not going to last :)
I have forgotten how obsess Vancouverites are about the "View",
so here is mine from the back deck.
Love your Lab @WLLady the Lab I am house sitting with has got to be the most un-Laby Lab ever, never seen that laid back dog in my life. Will post some pics in the photos, so I don't fill up this thread.
The mountain view.jpg

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:29 am

:dunno:
Lost one of my little Blue Columbian Wyandottes yesterday afternoon. It happened in the space of about 5 minutes and when I saw her dead on her back I was worried. On a closer look her neck looked odd and on a quick autopsy proved to be dislocated. Didn't see anything on security video because that's a blind spot and there was no panic in the birds to indicate a hawk. Both roosters were somewhere else. Best guess is she got caught in the wire on the walled garden just there and fell or pulled her head. On a better note she was in great condition after the winter with a good reserve fat layer no indications of poor health and no parasites. Laying well. This is their favourite spot so time to come up with something to better protect the garden there.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”