Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by ross » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Yep Kathy staples out , there happy with progress , back in 3 wks for X-rays & ok to drive again .
Handed in my little complaint column on care after surgery in recovery ie broke & not fixed wheel chair, commode , call buzzer ( broke for at least 6 days before I arrived not fixed . My roomy had to call hospital main phone to get nurses station on my floor to come & rescue me off commode in the night after sitting there for 1.5 hrs . Said she’d be back in 1/2 . Yea right . Today tried 3 wheel chairs till found one that only problem was 1 brake didn’t work . System is broke needs to be fixed . Personally don’t think money will fix unless directed to right places just common sense management for sure . My rant of day . Tired goin to sleep . Luck Kathy
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

PS also paid 20$ for a discharge pkg with my first visit which included book about surgery, 10 exercises, some replacement bandages , staple puller , large rubber band for exercise . Results , didn’t use tape because what they do is a 2 week bandage replace with a 3 week no dressing needed , staple puller they used there own , did first 3 exercises then Physio gave me different . A big joke . Now I’m kinda done . 😎oh am useing the rubber band

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Wow Ross that care just isn't right, left on the commode for 1.5 hours, horrible care!!!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Yep👎

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 am

:-o OMG @ross , that is AWFUL. As if you weren't in enough pain already, that's a lot of insults to add to injury. That much time left stuck on a commode is unconscionable! Two thumbs down to that hospital!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:44 am

just horrible @ross . At least you can put it behind you now and by speaking up may help someone else avoid the problems.
Yesterday evening was interesting when I went to put the birds away. Everyone in coops except for poor Clanger who was on the highest point of his coop and not wanting to come down. Finally poked him down and dragged him out of the snow bank he landed in. He rushed to the other coop and was very confused because Mummy was in there and clearly staying. Frank has been putting in some heavy duty wooing the last couple of days and won her over on Valentines day! Clanger went back to his coop but is a sad and confused "little" boy now. I am amazed she kept him to 18 weeks.
I will try and keep him because he's a nice but skittish chap but if anyone wants him let me know. Hatched from a green egg as did Mum & Dad so maybe he'll carry it?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 am

i am glad you put in your complaint ross! that is unacceptable! call buttons should not be out of service EVER....anywhere!
i have to admit i was glad my staples were where i could not see them....they gross me out quite a bit LOL keep it up with the physio! you'll be up and around and out hunting again and everything in no time!
i'm seriously looking forward to an end to the ice.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:06 am

Only ice I want is on my leg & in my whiskey on the rocks . ROCKON MAN

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am

quote....
System is broke needs to be fixed . Personally don’t think money will fix unless directed to right places just common sense management for sure . My rant of day .
@ross
completely agree with you ross, never thought it was a question of money, but as you mentioned common sense not so common anymore.
I had a non functioning "raise bed" gizmo, and after a third nurse said it must be broken, I thought I better look at it myself, turns out it was locked in position, that would be the button with the picture of the lock on it :doh: which was pushed in and nobody noticed!!!!!
Years ago I made a "stupid joke" on the subject of medical care, that one day they will just made the patients phone it in, so as not to burden the doctor and nurses, I think we may be there now.
Anyway keep on keeping on ross, we can still show them a thing or two :coolguy:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 pm

10-4 OC
THEY BUILD NEW BLDGS BUT DONT FIX OLD but still put folks in um . Throw money at it & hope it will stick . Doesn’t work . Better training needs done . & THE BUCK STOPS HERE . 😀

Return to “Around the Waterer”