Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Good Morning!

Post by WLLady » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:02 am

i do like that the parts we have found are basically plug and play-no electronics crap....but the getting parts....argh! anyways it fired up yesterday without needing the block heater and jumping!!! thats a giant step forward its been years since we could start without the block heater at -10. so tractor will stay.....we do need to move hay again today. but i am not moving yet. need more caffeine.
tom i will send your seeds up when its a bit warmer....
moved another cord or so of wood yesterday. shocking how many ash trees are dead...just floors me every time we go out and it looks like we havent even made a dent in the cleanup. so glad we did the work on the house this year-we didnt even feel the wind a couple days ago which would have ripped through the house last year. incubator is loaded....not sure what i am thinking but it is what it is.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Friendly reminder that the picture of the month MARCH submissions will close on Friday evening....
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 am

March pic of month .
‘CHILLIN OUT’
Attachments
9E45B13F-B587-4CDF-B29C-AB8FC73AACC2.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 am

Your Oscar sure was a character, Ross. :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 am

hmmmmm woke up to ice pellets. now it's freezing rain. and our east side is coated in ice. thankfully they closed the university BEFORE i got on the road! everything is closed down here and it's just plain nasty. of course i have the incubator on in full swing with at least 100 chicken eggs and 2 flats of turkeys. of course. and it's windy too. very very windy! so all the birds are staying in today, not even opening the doors! no point letting the water and ice in. and if i know my turkeys they'd be out getting soaking wet in it. the horses are firmly planted west of the house....sleeping soundly in the lee of the house. hopefully it doesn't last long and is more snow out east of here! this freezing ice stuff is horrible stuff. hopefully it warms up and melts the ice fast so we don't lose trees.

mealworms should be in tonight. after the freezing rain ends hopefully LOL. guess i need to find my bran in the feed bin at some point today and get it warming up some.

stay safe and dry and warm out there! i hope this is snow for eastern ontario and quebec! freezing rain is just not useful for much.....lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 am

Yep another “grey sky” day all shut down in SW Ont ..
Have fun

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm

WLLady Better have a generator prepared just in case, wouldn't want to lose all those eggs.
Pretty nasty out there.

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm

we are starting to melt....at least the ice is falling off the roof and hydro wires now. wish the wind would quit....

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Just got MYSELF out/off of Lazy Boy chair . No help from Donna . ⛄️
“ON THE ROAD AGAIN”HEHAW
Yep melting here to Kathy no build up .Generater here ready to go too no chics or bators but I need my heat can’t seem to go without anymore . Home physio treatment tomorrow & into hospital Valentines Day to remove staples . Waiting on spring Turkey season . Fishing 🎣 soon . Rock on

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Just started to snow here, exactly at 3 PM, Picked up some groceries on the way home from yoga and the IGA was swamped with people, looked a bit like Florida before hurricane :)
BTW, where is @Happy ???
Is she somewhere sunny and warm, and embarrassed to tell us that she abandoned us to a snowmagedon????

Return to “Around the Waterer”