BEST gift for sore, tired feet

General discussion forum.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

BEST gift for sore, tired feet

Post by Happy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm

I rarely ever ask for a specific item as a gift because I’m happy with just about anything but this year I handed my tablet to Don with an ad for a foot massager on it and said “that’s all I want”. I have a condition called plantar fibromatosis (both feet) as well as dupuytren’s contracture in both hands. Most people have seen an older person who’s fingers won’t open all the way-that’s usually dupuytren’s contracture and it’s caused by nonmalignant tumours in the fascia tissue. Plantar fibromatosis is that in your feet. It can be painful (especially in the morning) and it is beginning to alter the shape of my feet which is having a big effect on my knees and hips. It is a genetic condition and about half of my cousins on my fathers side have it in varying severity. The only thing I have found that helps is stretching and massage.
So I did get my foot massager for Christmas. It is a Homedics brand. I’m officially addicted. This isn’t your run of the mill foot bath. There’s no water involved. You put your feet into two seperate sleeves and turn it on. You can control the amount of air pressure and kneading. I HIGHLY recommend for anyone experiencing foot pain!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: BEST gift for sore, tired feet

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Picture?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm

that sounds great, @Happy ! We have something similar, but it's a circulation booster, which works well for people with diabetes who have circulation problems in their feet.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Happy

Post by Happy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 pm

It’s Homedics shiatsu with heat.
02B54179-29B1-4391-BEEA-8FD86BBE76D4.jpeg
It has removable washable liners, options for heat or no heat and 3 different settings for air compression and heel to toe kneading massagers. Pure heaven lol.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm

That looks very cool, I have been eying something like that for DH but was never sure about the ones with water.
This looks like it might do the trick.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:21 pm

:iagree: - sounds like heaven.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 pm

How interesting Happy! Hubby has Dupytrens, and has had operations on his fingers to straighten them. That would be very difficult on the feet! Glad to hear that the massager is helping.

BTW Dupytrens affects people of European descent and is named after Napoleon's surgeon.....

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Does it do your hands too?

Happy

Post by Happy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:30 pm

labradors wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 pm
How interesting Happy! Hubby has Dupytrens, and has had operations on his fingers to straighten them. That would be very difficult on the feet! Glad to hear that the massager is helping.

BTW Dupytrens affects people of European descent and is named after Napoleon's surgeon.....
Yes I have read that. My father's father was German descent and it's that side of the family that this comes from. In your feet it's also called Lederhose disease. It affects men more than women and it's rare to have both of one's hands and feet affected. I'm one in a million ;) lol. My father had surgery on his right hand twice. It just kept coming back. My aunt had a pin placed in her pinky finger and within 2 years it bent the pin and she had her finger amputated in order to use her hand more easily. I had surgery on the bottom of my left foot when I was in my 20's. Bad mistake. Not only did it take ages for the wound to heal-it was already back by the time they removed the Staples. Live and learn. I'm sticking to non-invasive treatments for as long as I can (preferably forever!)

Happy

Post by Happy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:31 pm

kenya wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Does it do your hands too?
hmm will try it and let you know!

Return to “Around the Waterer”