Question Why are ALL the Poultry forums peetering out?

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Why are ALL the Poultry forums peetering out?

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Thx!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I think that searching with Google is great. I also have to use it for Tomatoville because it does a better job than their own search engine too. No biggy for me :). BTW I usually Google "Tomatovile question" so it would be "PTO question"

Linda

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:19 am

TomK wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 pm
Killerbunny wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:10 am
@baronrenfrew is a great guy to meet in person too!
To that I can only add "Amen!"... :iagree:
Well shucks! Thank you all fer them kind wurds! I’m just a country boy and do my best to be polite. I also learned that there are “no stupid questions” because if you don’t know, you don’t know! I try and educate (or share my opinons) in a manner that comes across as friendly and helpful (hmmm...wisdom?)

It disturbs me that we live in “the information age” and people are worse informed then they used to be. I still read newspapers (or their websites) rather than get info fed to me by websites. It never ceases to get me when two widely separated stories wind up being connected in strange ways.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:13 pm

Really liking the new search engine, @poultry_admin - thanks! :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:59 pm
Ontario Chick wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:57 am

Always nice to hear from you baron, I must object to you point # 3.
To be a true "know it all" You must truly believe you "know it all" without realization that you Might be a bit of a "know it all".
I think you are a man of many ideas and views and are able to state them eloquently and if you overstep, we can always sic windwalkingwolf on you ;)

Is that like insanity, where if you think you're insane, then you cannot actually be? Good to know, on both counts roflmbo I don't know what my performance would be like if I was "sicced" on somebody...many years ago I would have looked forward to such a battle of wits and words, but I've become more of a pacifist (or something) in recent years, or just maybe lazy. I'd rather hire a lawyer roflmbo
I agree with OC, @baronrenfrew . Your diverse interests, past and present, make you an awesome source of information, and your oratorical skills make even the most mundane subject highly entertaining.

Yes, and yes. We are "Lifers", whether we admit to it or not. Even Bert :lol: . The flakes burn brightly and then peter out, or go out with a bang... and the lifers keep coming back to the hobby again and again, no matter how often they think their minds have changed. Of course, now that I've said that, someone will be determined to prove me wrong, and sell off all their birds in a fit of pique :lol:
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jan I seem to remember you have brought to baron's attention the twist in his shorts, and he being a good sport accept the point.
Ever since then, I thought of you as a brave woman/secret weapon, to be used in times of great need :susel:

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 pm

I really appreciate having this site just the way it is for the sharing of info, the members, ease of use and no advertising. Some improvements are always good, as some suggestions have been made. This site is so personable, especially with the admin requesting input from the members on any changes and keeping us all up to date. When I need info it's just at my fingertips. I don't have to search all over the internet for info that is not always quite accurate, time consuming and can be frustrating. I may not be on here daily, but almost. At least I like to try and check it out daily. Sometimes I like going through and checking out the older posts. I don't belong to FB, never have and never will. I have checked out other sites in the past, but nothing compares to this place. PTO is all I really need. My kind of place. I don't want it to be like other sites that have so many rules. 'Keep it simple' and easy to use. Thank you for PTO!

Return to “Around the Waterer”