Post by ross » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:55 am

First snow here this AM blizzardy but temp 3* shouldn’t stick . ☃️⛄️☃️⛄️
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: SNOW

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:56 am

Got ours a couple of weeks ago, frosty here this am.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 am

Yup snow here yesterday , again today.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:43 am

I admit, it looked really pretty last night, although some shrubs with leave still on looked a bit squashed. :)

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 pm

There was some snow here in October already, and more now. We have had wind chills as low as -30 a couple of nights. Wednesday is supposed to have a high of plus 6. Crazy weather!

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Light snow now, my deck is covered. Had several inches of snow on Friday...love it at this time of year. Apparently, the arrival of snow indicates a change in dishes in our house....our 'winter' dishes are now in use. Our 'summer' dishes have been put away, and it's too early for our 'Christmas' dishes.....lol

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Kbr42 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm
Light snow now, my deck is covered. Had several inches of snow on Friday...love it at this time of year. Apparently, the arrival of snow indicates a change in dishes in our house....our 'winter' dishes are now in use. Our 'summer' dishes have been put away, and it's too early for our 'Christmas' dishes.....lol
OK so you have to help me out with this. One of the pundits was chatting on the am news that I have to take my "summer clothes" out of the closet and store them to make way for my "winter clothes". My problem is that removing half my/our clothes from the wardrobe would leave very little there. I only seem to have chicken clothes, marginally more respectable "ok to be seen in public" clothes and finally canoeing/hiking clothes which could actually come into either of the 2 previous categories. DH also has a work clothes category but since he's a mechanic these rarely see a wardrobe LOL!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Kbr42 wrote:
We may need pictures, I am sure there is a very logical reason at your house for summer dishes and winter dishes, just having hard time picturing it ;-)
My mother insisted on summer curtains and winter curtains and that of course meant summer pillow covers and winter pillow covers.
I only have summer clothes and winter clothes semi annual exchange, summer read short pants, short sleeves, winter read long pant long sleeves, if it got any more complicated I would have to move ;)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 pm

As a guy(last time I looked) 👌I just put another set of clothes on over top of my regular clothes & call um winter clothes . Bulks me up & covers wrinkles . Real warm . ☃️🤫
Last edited by ross on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 pm
Kbr42 wrote:
We may need pictures, I am sure there is a very logical reason at your house for summer dishes and winter dishes, just having hard time picturing it ;-)
My mother insisted on summer curtains and winter curtains and that of course meant summer pillow covers and winter pillow covers.
I only have summer clothes and winter clothes semi annual exchange, summer read short pants, short sleeves, winter read long pant long sleeves, if it got any more complicated I would have to move ;)
Winter dishes
20181113_181701.jpg
Our regular dishes are fiesta ware and multi-coloured

Return to “Around the Waterer”