Unnerving.

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Unnerving.

Post by ross » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:51 am

I have used the alarm system on my car key fob from the house when I’m not sure what’s there at night or strange vehicle around . No good when not home tho . Dogs for that . Luck all
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 am

Would motion sensor lights scare them off? The RCMP also told us to report all suspicious activities - strange people hanging around, trespassers, break ins where they don't take anything, etc. He said that the number of officers assigned to rural areas is determined by the volume of trouble reports they get. If there appears to be few issues in an area, the RCMP may reduce the number of officers to cover that range.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

We don't believe this was a total stranger. I am at home all day and would notice anyone different. It is very possible this was personal. They knew exactly where to go which was interesting because a routine had changed the day before and they knew it. Anyway new security system going in next week.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Oh no, KB, that is terrible news. I know how it feels. I have to agree that it is personal, or at least the perp is someone you know or is acquainted with someone you know, given that they knew your routines.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:58 am

I went to Golden Bough to pick up some plants yesterday and nearly came home with a German Shepherd. The young woman who was there had been tree planting in Manitoba when she found him on the side of the Hwy. Gorgeous male ?2 years with a nice temperament even with us and DH who scares dogs. Nobody claimed him and she decided to keep him after a week living with her in her trailer. I did ask if she needed a home for him but she can't give him up now! I was brought up with GSDs and love them despite the work and training they need to keep them interested and busy. No tattoo or chip and looked like lovely clean hips. What is with people dumping animals?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 pm

That's terrible KB, sorry to hear that. Once when a friend of mine was robbed, the police told her that 90% of the time it's someone that you know or was tipped off by someone you know.
When I was twelve my dad had heart surgery and while we were away things were stolen. Many were certain farm items like the arm for the three point hitch to the tractor. Clearly someone that knew us and clearly another farmer with a shopping list to fill.
My friend who is an engineer went away for a week with his wife. Someone came to his condo, broke in and took all his expensive equipment. He didn't recognize the person caught on camera but there is no way that it was a fluke where some random stranger just happens to pick that condo building and go to that apartment on the third floor, that just happened to have the latest technology and the owners just happened to be away on vacation for the first time since they were married. Someone had to have told him where to go and what was there.

Return to “Around the Waterer”