Free Ranging

Re: Red leakage

Post by Shnookie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sun May 05, 2019 2:02 pm

The lady I bought the Ameraucana chicks from last year has an ad up again. She is calling them purebred Ameraucanas from excellent lines. This is the picture she has up for her rooster. There is a splash one in a cage that you can see in a different picture. Last year she told me that she had 3 roosters with 12 hens. She said they were all blue or splash. The pullets I got had a few different comb styles and body types. All 7 of the roosters have almost identical combs - some are flatter than others, but the shape is the same. There are a couple of body types.
carla's roo.jpg
I sold all the pullets from her and 3 of the roosters. I have 2 splash and 2 blue roosters left. One blue one has a better comb but has at least one green feather in his tail (not sheen, the whole feather). Some have tails that are almost vertical, not on an angle. One splash has a bit of yellow on his wings. I am tempted to not keep any of them. A lot of people call them pure Ameraucanas, even though the colors are mixed. I'm disappointed. I was looking for a new rooster. Even though I don't show, I still like them to look somewhat like the SOP.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun May 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Well I bought really good quality chicks from someone and ended up with red leakage on the shoulders in the roosters. It happens, all you can do is pick out the best if you want to keep or sell them and get different ones.

Return to “Around the Waterer”