General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Thanksgiving ....

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm
Oh and we said we wanted to stay in the pop-up trailer until Thanksgiving - we are still there! Not sure why we have a house we haven't slept in since June LOL.
Seriously? in a pop up tent???
I get to sleep in the house when I move in right?

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm
Killerbunny wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm
Oh and we said we wanted to stay in the pop-up trailer until Thanksgiving - we are still there! Not sure why we have a house we haven't slept in since June LOL.
Seriously? in a pop up tent???
I get to sleep in the house when I move in right?
Yes you do, we are giving you "The Princess Suite" named after our friend Christine.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 am

Still haven't done Thanksgiving yet, had to work straight thru to coming Thursday...but Bruce Jen is resting in the fridge for Friday dinner :turkeycook: :drool:

Happy

Post by Happy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 am

Happy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 pm
Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Beef from WWW, Brussels, potatoes, peas, beans from the garden. Possibly local apples for dessert.
When is/was the wedding @Happy ?
Time marched on for us this summer and Don's business took off and he's hired 2 people since June and still works 6 or 7 days a week. So we haven't got 1/4 of the jobs done on our list. Plan B is spring. Plan C is Punta Cana lol.
Anybody heard of the ice-breaker game “two truths and a lie”? Sorry...but my reply to KB wasn’t all truth. The first sentence-truth. The second sentence-truth.
The rest is a lie.
Don and I surprised 24 of our family members yesterday afternoon when a marriage officiant knocked on our door just as we were finishing our meal. There was a lot of stunned faces when she let herself in and announced that there was about to be a wedding lol.
I then promptly announced that my job as hostess was over and they were on their own to serve dessert. I’m thankful that all of our families could be there. And to be honest I’m thankful it’s over! Preparing a meal for 26 was stressful enough.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:09 am

Congratulations, @Happy ! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your wedding. Also a great way to make sure that neither of you will be forgetting your anniversary. ;-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:32 am

:congrats2:
Wishing you many happy years ahead @Happy & Don.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

Happy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 am
Happy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 pm
Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Beef from WWW, Brussels, potatoes, peas, beans from the garden. Possibly local apples for dessert.
When is/was the wedding @Happy ?
Time marched on for us this summer and Don's business took off and he's hired 2 people since June and still works 6 or 7 days a week. So we haven't got 1/4 of the jobs done on our list. Plan B is spring. Plan C is Punta Cana lol.
Anybody heard of the ice-breaker game “two truths and a lie”? Sorry...but my reply to KB wasn’t all truth. The first sentence-truth. The second sentence-truth.
The rest is a lie.
Don and I surprised 24 of our family members yesterday afternoon when a marriage officiant knocked on our door just as we were finishing our meal. There was a lot of stunned faces when she let herself in and announced that there was about to be a wedding lol.
I then promptly announced that my job as hostess was over and they were on their own to serve dessert. I’m thankful that all of our families could be there. And to be honest I’m thankful it’s over! Preparing a meal for 26 was stressful enough.
:congrats2:
What a great way to have a wedding, my hat off to you.
How are you planning to recuperate ? :-)

Happy

Post by Happy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Well my sisters-in-law did most of the clean-up yesterday so today was putting everything back to it's original order and just trying to put my feet up for a bit and enjoy the weather. Farmer neighbor ruined my outside time by choosing today to spray and let the wind bring whatever it is straight to me. In seconds my nasal passage was burning and lips felt slightly numb. I tried ushering the birds inside but they werent going for it so I guess they will get sprayed.
Thanks for the well wishes. I wish the weather had cooperated a bit better because we had a gorgeous outside spot chosen but the sky opened up about 5 minutes before the ceremony so oh well. The where and the how are least important. The why is what matters.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Congratulations Happy, showers on your wedding too bad but supposed to be good luck. Still would have been nice to have the chickens present. I can just see them hopping up onto the table helping themselfs to cake. Hopefully you had cake.

Happy

Post by Happy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Well considering it rained in January on my first wedding day about 25 years ago not falling for that lol!
Yes the original plan had been for the chickens to attend but we had a dog chasing incident the day before (new in-laws dog) so that had pretty much changed that plan regardless of weather. Everyone is fine but we had some MIA chickens for several hours and some frazzled nerves. So I wasn’t risking that again anyways. We have plans to get some pictures done outside before the colour is gone and they will surely include the chickens!

Return to “Around the Waterer”