Time for timer yet?

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Re: Time for timer yet?

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 pm

ross wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 am
Morning all . My ? is who figures this stuff out & what kinda life do they have .
Oops that person is not so smart, it only works if you already had a birthday this year, my answer was 2017 which is pretty cool just the same. Should be year of birth plus age after birthday in 2018 will make 2018. Math nerds are so weird unlike us who fuss over poultry all day... umm err wait on second thought, forget I called anyone weird.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:23 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:59 pm
somewhere here is an old thread about a coop with a clear roof (polycarb panels) and WWW had a greenhouse with a coop inside and they kept the eggs flowing regardless of daylight hours.

Hey WWW, did you ever move that greenhouse to the “new”place?
Nope, it's still sitting over there waiting for me; time has not been on my side to take it down and get it over here. The roof (white shrink wrap) is still holding under horrible weather and 5 years of snow and ice loads, despite the many many gashes in it from cat's claws and being used as a climbing structure by the goats...but it WILL need to be replaced when I do get around to moving it. The amount of tape I would have to put on to patch it, just might as well replace.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:53 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:23 pm
baronrenfrew wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:59 pm
somewhere here is an old thread about a coop with a clear roof (polycarb panels) and WWW had a greenhouse with a coop inside and they kept the eggs flowing regardless of daylight hours.

Hey WWW, did you ever move that greenhouse to the “new”place?
Nope, it's still sitting over there waiting for me; time has not been on my side to take it down and get it over here. The roof (white shrink wrap) is still holding under horrible weather and 5 years of snow and ice loads, despite the many many gashes in it from cat's claws and being used as a climbing structure by the goats...but it WILL need to be replaced when I do get around to moving it. The amount of tape I would have to put on to patch it, just might as well replace.
I remember quite clearly that Bert volunteered to help with the move....or bring the beer? I forget which one it was now :beer:

Stellap
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Stellap » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks Happy ... I've had to stop worrying too ... making me crazy ... lesson learned! I got 4 new chickens at the Renfrew sale and since then I've gone from 1 egg to 4-6 per day from 10 hens (still have 2 brooding). All is well.

Return to “Around the Waterer”