Expiring all over the place...

General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Expiring all over the place...

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 am

Sorry this is going to be a rant....
September is my B-day month, so drivers license and health card need to be renewed this year.

Letter # ! Your health card needs renewal, to save your time you can renew on line.
I am thinking goodie a short cut.
Letter # 2 Your drivers license is due for renewal, can be renewed on line, great.
Letter # 3 Your drivers license can't be renewed on line, a new photo required.
OK, not sure why that required two separate letters, but at least I can do the Health Card on line, right?
So fill in the usual crapload of information and then a window pops up,
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ON LINE RENEWAL.

So apparently the only online shortcut I qualify for, is if I fill the form online, then print it, then go have my photo taken and then mail the whole shebang somewhere.

How did we ever managed without all this technology??? :doh:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Expiring all over the place...

Post by WLLady » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am

LOL. look on the bright side-at least its still warm out....mine all comes up first thing in january....usually right in the middle of a snowstorm and when i arrive at the office it's "oh, sorry, we are closed for an extra day of holidays over the christmas break" after i have driven an hour to the local offices because i live an hour out of town. However, i can take my own photo of myself and submit it by email to the RCMP for a new gun license....why can't i do that for my driver's license?
and yes, i'm due to go this coming january. I am SOOOO looking forward to it......NOT! i would transfer the car to my DH but his isn't any better-it's february so not much help there....lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Oh my this gave me a nasty turn when I saw the title! Thank goodness it's not what I thought!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:42 pm

So, what exactly are the criteria that would "qualify" someone to renew online? Is it like applying for car insurance, where if your car is over a certain number of years old, you have to have it appraised first (even just for pl/pd) and then apply over the phone or in-person? When you get to the office to do it, are they going to first want a complete medical check, or perhaps you will have to take an internet aptitude test before you are allowed to use the online service? :roll:

OK, I just looked it up, and there ARE some strange rules relayed to certain ages. No doubt, it took five contracted research firms, three commissions and ten years to arrive at those numbers and those rules. Not sure why they thought it a good idea to send such personal information through the MAIL, where literally anyone can open and read it, but not be able to submit encrypted online; but that's government for you.
In case I miss the day, I'll say it now-- :birthday: :HappyDance: !

Happy birthday month :-)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:28 pm
Oh my this gave me a nasty turn when I saw the title! Thank goodness it's not what I thought!
Sorry, although at 43C humidex, I might be expiring presently ;)

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:30 pm

you aren't kidding, we're 33C without the humidex here, and a nasty wind brewing and my back says the weather is changing....and it's 43 with the humidex. all the "kids" are sitting on my picnic table in the shade of the house....in the wind.....and the horses are fast asleep in the stall, and ted is shedding again. sigh. the dog went out and came right back in and didn't even make it to the corn (which says something about how hot and humid it is when it drives the lab back to the house without eating corn)!
and yep, happy birthday soon to OC!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 am

Same here, when I invited the dog to come out, he gave me one of those, "You have got to be kidding", looks :)
Lost hydro last night for an hour, just long enough to find the flash light, turn everything that I remembered was on OFF, loose all the programming on clocks and radios, but of course the TV had to stay on, because I couldn't figure out how to turn it OFF without power and too many cables at the back to actually know what would disconnect just the TV and not anything that shouldn't be disconnected.
Crawl in to bed, start falling asleep and EVERYTHING I forgot about came on, including Robbie the Robot, which wasn't on to begin with. :idunno:
Not to worry about the B-day, I stopped counting about 10 years ago ;)

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Happy coming up birthday!

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 am

So, a few years ago there was a very funny tv series called Reaper......one of the funniest lines was Just take it to Hell on Earth. Where's that? ...wait for it... MTO :stars:

Return to “Around the Waterer”