Bumblefoot

General discussion forum.
SusanH
Starting to Crow

Re: Bumblefoot

Post by SusanH » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:28 am

I can't see the article because I deleted Facebook to make room for chicken pictures...I wonder if there is another way to access it.

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

I'm adding to the bumblefoot woes...my Salomon faveralle was limping yesterday and sure enough both feet :sAng_banghead:

About 2 months ago I order Prid drawing cream from Amazon. I already had the vet wrap...lovely green colour. So into the Epsom salt bath she went last night. I pulled some of the poop out last night and back into the bath this morning and more out. Her one foot is very swollen. I have my fingers crossed I can get it all. I don't have a vet that will dig out bumblefoot.
Any other advise?

Cheers Karen .

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am

Kbr42 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am
I'm adding to the bumblefoot woes...my Salomon faveralle was limping yesterday and sure enough both feet :sAng_banghead:

About 2 months ago I order Prid drawing cream from Amazon. I already had the vet wrap...lovely green colour. So into the Epsom salt bath she went last night. I pulled some of the poop out last night and back into the bath this morning and more out. Her one foot is very swollen. I have my fingers crossed I can get it all. I don't have a vet that will dig out bumblefoot.
Any other advise?

Cheers Karen .
We have done what you did, plus before wrapping the foot, we also dipped it in an iodine solution, then sprayed it with Vetracyn, covered it with gauze (which may or may not have had polysporin on it), then wrapped with vet wrap.
We tried lots of things and only lost one hen. That was our introduction to hens.
We also found out that it is not necessarily caused by a cut and infection; it may be caused by a sudden change in diet.

Return to “Around the Waterer”