Election Day tomorrow!

General discussion forum.
muffin57
Chatty Hen

Election Day tomorrow!

Post by muffin57 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Wow, what a bizarre election this time. I wonder how Wynn's decision to announce she is stepping down is going to affect the outcome of the election. We have an awesome PC candidate in our area, but I'm not sure about Ford. Our NDP candidate, I'm not impressed with, but I do like Andrea Horwath I think. There is an Northern Ontario Party, but what will a vote for them do for me. I try to debate with myself what the parties Ideologies are or what they stand for or who is best to represent me. I just find it, so difficult to know who to vote for. What a tough decision!!!! Too bad these politicians can't be held accountable to the people.

Are you all voting tomorrow? Do you feel similar to me and that it is a difficult decision to make? Are we going to regret our decision? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Election Day tomorrow!

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:48 pm

I feel that everyone should vote. It is their duty whatever party leanings they have.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 pm

I think that everyone who pays taxes should vote.

Allow me to rephrase the above.
Only tax payers should be allowed to vote.
Last edited by KimChick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 pm

This is always the question, isn't it...same old same old...who to vote for and why...ideally we want to elect a person that best will represent us and whose ideals most closely aligns with our own...trouble is, we have no idea what their real ideals are because they must tow the party line and if you happen to not find any of what you are being told by the various parties then you have a quandry...you aren't really voting for Doug Ford, for example, but actually you are if you happen to choose to vote for your local PC candidate because your local rep will get 'whipped' to follow the party vote on bills in the legislature...this year, I have a real problem, and the local press, such as it is, has really let us down...I don't like any of the party leaders at all...I get no feeling of skill, or competent decision making, or god forbid, statemanship from any of them and would really quite prefer a totally different option to choose from seeing as voting for any of their local candidates would give them my support which I do not wish to do...I became a Canadian citizen way back just for this particular right...my right to vote and have my say, but given thhis year's sad offering, and I do mean sad, I may just go to the poll tomorrow, get my ballot and turn it in unused back to the returning officer....sad comment :dunno: :sAng_banghead:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm

We voted the first day of advanced voting . I feel if your a citizen it's your duty . Luck all
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Post by goatgal35 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Hubby and I both vote differently and we have spent 33 years agreeing to disagree on who we each vote for, but we agree that it is important that we always vote.

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 pm

My husband and I don't always vote the same either, but we do vote.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:17 am

We always used to man the booths to help people vote. DH used to fix the problems with addresses and ID I was a Polling Clerk.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 am

there is one option that a lot of people are not aware of. you can "decline" your ballot. if there's no one that you feel should or could be voted for, it's a recorded polling. if you don't show up or you spoil your ballot it's basically thrown out. if you decline your ballot-aka hand it back to the polling station and decline to fill it in, you will be recorded as having declined your ballot-meaning there is no one worth voting for.

i have to admit, i am seriously considering it in this election. anyone BUT ford...or wynne, or horwath.....argh! but i do very much like one of my local riding candidates, so i'm totally torn. i like this candidate, but not his party and certainly NOT the head of his party! so. do i vote for the riding candidate that i respect, trust and like, or do i decline my ballot and try to send a passive aggressive statement that will go totally unnoticed by the entire province. one thing i will NOT do, i will not just not go and vote. it's one of my duties as a citizen....but holy smokes this is not something i really feel like trying to figure out right now LOL.

guess i'll find out how i vote when i show up to vote.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:25 am

I think the best we can do is to vote for the candidate that will do the best for our riding. It's a real crap shoot this time around :(.

Linda

Return to “Around the Waterer”