Picnic 2018?

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Picnic 2018?

Post by WLLady » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 pm

:stars: so who's going to organize this year's picnic? anyone??
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Picnic 2018?

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:30 pm

We are having it at Happy's place aren't we, in Collingwood? She can get a whole bunch of stuff together like WLL and Admin did last year at there place. I expect she will do a good job.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh I heard the goat man was the host with the most!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 am

i would volunteer again this year, but we did last year, and well....unless everyone wants to sit with their feet in charcoal this year....and drive through toronto (i'd take charcoal over driving through toronto any day). Last year we were investigating going north of toronto so we could all avoid driving through toronto.....
we may have a little bit of dollars from generous donations from folks here to help rent a place...have to check ( @poultry_admin do you remember if we do?). Of course easier to descend on a farm than deal with the constraints of a rental, but.....wide open to suggestions. of course we could also take this year off from a picnic and plan for next year and have the semi-annual PTO picnic....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 am

We have so much going on here ATM we would be out anyway.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 am

I'm with Killerbunny on the swamped thing, absolutely buried up to my eyeballs in work and farm. I'm offering to host again as well, if noone else is forthcoming, but it will have to be a little later in the season--possibly August or September sometime. I loved doing it year before last, and would love to again, but I can't deny that I'm really hoping someone else will pick up the torch roflmbo
Where are all our North Central people?! I'm also with WLLady on the driving through Toronto thing. Although, Google Maps did a REALLY good job of steering us to correct lanes and collectors to get around slow downs (and so we didn't get disoriented and have to cut across 6 lanes of traffic to get the correct ramps), it's still not a pleasant experience in the very best of circumstances.
A biennial PikNik is a viable option too, but I suspect we'd have the same problem with planning every two years, as we have had yearly so far...that poultry keepers get very busy in the summer, and can't (or won't) take on just one more thing.
Hey, if Farrier can nominate Happy to host, and Happy can nominate Farrier, I'd like to toss a name into the ring as well. I nominate @baronrenfrew :lol: He can tell us stories by the campfire. I can also drive there without making it a two day thing roflmbo

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 am

Yup, I agree Jan!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 am

In a more normal year it wouldn’t be a big deal for me but since we are supposed to be tying the knot in our backyard this fall there are a million projects on the go from new deck, new fence, new stone patio and a koi pond (not my idea) and fixing the well, driveway and stone walkway. Not enough hours in the day or drugs for my back right now.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Hey, that's exciting news, aren't we invited to the wedding? ;)
Same here with swamped, although every spring is the same, accept to get things more exciting Bothe the lawnmower and the lawn tractor quit on the same day, they were trucked away by the repair guy, never to be heard of again....
and the patio/deck are under construction and since I convinced DH to take it apart before I make a final decision how I want to proceed this may take a while...
Patio construction 1.jpg
Patio construction 1.jpg (16.05 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
and deer are using my lawn chairs ;)
Deer & lawn chair.jpg
Deer & lawn chair.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
so maybe next year god willing and creek don't rise...

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

I’ll be happy to host in the future but not this year (septic and house repairs happening).

Collingwood? yeah baby! my wife would be into that. That’s our getaway of choice, especially in apple season.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Around the Waterer”