You can count on me

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

You can count on me

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:05 am

You can always count on me. But not always my beloved Catherine.

I have had a bad back and hip for a couple weeks. Serious pain some times, laid up in the chair, doctors and chiropractors, not to mention the trip to emerg, and getting neighbors to do chores.

So, yesterday. We are to go and get a new goat towards London. And I have been feeling a lot better the last few days. But being what is called a snag (sensitive new age guy) I did not insist on driving. I let Catherine drive. And we went and picked up Flash from Iona. Then we were to go to see WLLady, have a visit and get a few eggs to set and get some ramps.

Well we picked up the goat and when we got to the 401, she took the exit for Windsor. I thought she must have made a mistake when her signal went on. We discussed her poor navigational skills for close to the next hour. (It takes about an hour to get home from there.) And she said it was nto so much navigational skills, as her old RN persona kicking in, and getting me home where I would be comfortable. I kept telling her we would have been comfortable at WLL's place, but she would not listen. I even tried insisting , cajoling and ordering, but it seems my Catherine some times also has a hearing problem. I tried speaking louder, but it did not seem to make any difference. I am going to make an appointment for a hearing test for her next week, as I was speaking at a rather high volume at times.

The other possibility is that she is jealous of a younger woman possibly playing a part in my life. (Like, I want to go visit WLL every three months or so.)

So that is the reason I did not see WLL and Martin yesterday. I am hoping they will forgive us and welcome us next time, or maybe even stop in our way some time.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: You can count on me

Post by WLLady » Sun May 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Lol no worries farrier. Ramps will be around for another 4 weeks or so.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun May 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Ha! Ha! I'm a terrible navigator as well, might end up in Arizona if it was me or California, always wanted to go to California. Husband has some arthritis in his hands, yes he needs California.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 pm

I can do two of these three things: drive, navigate, and talk. the navigate gets tossed if someone is talking to me. I remember one phone call I took driving through Montreal. I hung up and said out loud "where the buck am I?"

Sometimes I drive by habit...why did I come here? I wasn't going here.

Like the guy that buys a used cop car..."every time I start it up it drives to the nearest doughnut shop."
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Around the Waterer”