Chicken math is a thing.

General discussion forum.
SusanH
Starting to Crow

Chicken math is a thing.

Post by SusanH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 am

I thought I might try a couple of ducks to add to my mini-flock of three happy hens. Somehow I have a peeping bathtub with three runner ducklings and six sweet Polish chicks......
I wanted to post pics but couldn't figure out how to do it on the IPad and don't have time to fire up the PC. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Chicken math is a thing.

Post by WLLady » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am

@poultry_admin ? I am not aware of anything special to do with an ipad-in the full editor and preview there should be a tab below the text box for attachments....click that and follow the instructions in the box for selecting and uploading your photo....
and don't worry if the photo is sideways after. seems to be an issue with the last software upgrade on our end.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:51 am

For posting pics taken on your iPad, make sure you are posting in the text box that has the full editor not the quick reply one.

At the bottom right of the box is a tab for attachments, click on it and select the “Add files”button. A list should come up with several options: take photo/video, photo library, browse. If you’ve already taken the photo, go to the photo library and select the photo from the lists. It should put a check on the photos chosen, then tap “done” and you’ll see a new box below with the file name and buttons to place in line or delete. If it’s the one you want, tap the place in line button and the file name will now appear in your post. You can also add a comment too if desired in the field provided or you can add it in the text of the message.

To see what it will look like, hit the Preview button and it should show the message with the photo as it will be.

Simple!
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you Brebis!
IMG_0105.JPG
Sorry for the lousy quality pics, but here they are!
IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:54 am

Very cute!

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 am

Congrats! Cuties :)

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 am

Getting cuter by the minute! Any guesses as to sex? You're supposed to be able to sex baby Polish by the shape of the crest. I am guessing 3 of each.
The last one is runty, hatched three days later than clutchmates, much smaller and wobbly. Last night I found him laying on his side, panting. As an avid PTO reader, of course I knew to check for paste butt, and yep, like cement. It took several minutes under running water to get that fuzzy butt clean. And forever to dry! But as soon as I set him down, he pooped and then wobbled over to get a drink. Then he tried burrowing under the ducklings. He toppled a few times and I was worried about what I'd find this morning, but he's much steadier on his legs today. I hope he makes it.
They all sleep in a pile, the ducklings making a cozy down bed for the chicks. It's so cute I can't stand it! I know it's a bit risky with the ducklings being so much bigger - they keep bowling the little one over with those big feet -but I'm hoping the ducks will protect these guys later.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 am

OK so don't say you weren't warned about chicken math!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Penny
On the Roost

Post by Penny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Resistance is futile!

I was warned about chicken math. I tried to deny it. Now I've got a rooster and going to let the chicken math take over my 5 acres this year! lol!

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Congratulations! So cute!

Return to “Around the Waterer”