This weather sucks!

General discussion forum.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: This weather sucks!

Post by Happy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 pm

@Skinny rooster how many chicks did she end up hatching? I'm guessing that you are right-happy noises=happy chicks. You usually can't mistake the sound of an unhappy one.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:17 pm

thegawd wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:41 pm
so what this... global warming? climate shift or or an ICE AGE????? i am quite sick of this weather!
Fimbulvinter - presages Ragnarok I believe?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:44 pm

thegawd wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:41 pm
so what this... global warming? climate shift or or an ICE AGE????? i am quite sick of this weather!
yes, this is global warming (ocean temps are rising, creating a faster more unpredictable moisture cycle) - for us lake Erie, and Lake Huron are warmer than normal, so more water evaporates, creating "lake effect" snow) or more acurately "global weirding" - "normal" patterns are all messed up - so too hot, or too cold, no rain, or deluge. Don't take my explanation, go and ask the province wht every culvert under hwy 401 was replaced with bigger culverts in 2010 to deal with deluge rain.

Go talk to the forest fire experts: bigger fires, more often, and I'm talking about Canada - not California.

talk to farmers or orchard folk about rainfall patterns - drought or deluge- and the "frost free" season being all messed up. or bug people about the new territory where ticks now live or tropical "disease carrying" mosquitoes.

or compare The gardening zone map - between 1970 and 2012 - and see that most of us our zones changed two levels warmer in that time.

My cousins in the ski hill region near Dresden Germany- the local ski hill was opened in 1880 - now they were open 2 out of the last 10 years.

Colorado ski hills - now have a one month shorter snow season than in 1973.

I can link the articles proving my case if you need it to believe me.

forgive me for being a "smartass" here but this issue gets me every time.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 pm

roflmbo im not disputing those facts, just angry with the freezing cold temps and the darn snow! lol spring can start anytime now. :beer2: it was a true Canadian day here today, woke up to negative temps n an inch of snow. crazy blowing wind. this afternoon saw all the snow disappear and a high of about ten, now we have negative temps again or close to it along with the very strong wind and you guessed it... snow.

I mean.... April showers bring may flowers!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:22 pm

IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG
Me and the crew and "indestructo dog"
well, up here in the Ottawa Valley, we got snow where the city got rain. I might take my sled out tomorrow (if no other reason than to take a pic).
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:12 pm

DO IT! HAHAHAHA
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:33 am

Happy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 pm
@Skinny rooster how many chicks did she end up hatching? I'm guessing that you are right-happy noises=happy chicks. You usually can't mistake the sound of an unhappy one.

Happy, she hatched eight, I usually only let them hatch 7 or 8 when the weather is cold.

Baron where is my global warming! I want my global warming! Stop sending it up north! Give me tropical weather!!!! Ughhhhh! I'm just mad because I wanted to go to the auction today and last night they kept saying chance of flurries. Well the snow bank across my lane this morning said that I am not going to the auction. The three foot snow drifts in my yard said I'm not going to the auction! My nice warm snugly bed said forget about the snow and cold, just get back in here there will be auctions later. Geez, if this is chance of flurries, I would hate to see what a snow storm would look like!

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:24 pm

I just had this funny idea pop into my head... MAYBE just MAYBE the carbon taxes are actually working to offset global warming making it colder outside, or maybe hell just froze over. HAHAHAHA

are there any volcanoes erupting right now?
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:25 pm

thegawd wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:24 pm
I just had this funny idea pop into my head... MAYBE just MAYBE the carbon taxes are actually working to offset global warming making it colder outside, or maybe hell just froze over. HAHAHAHA

are there any volcanoes erupting right now?
Well last night I saw Trump all red in the face with anger over not getting his wall.... does that count? Lots of smoke, hot air and gases spewing out, same thing maybe?

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:55 pm

fig34.gif
There are approximately 500 volcanoes active on earth right now. Mt. Sabancaya in Peru has been belching at a Volcanic Explosive Index of 4 or more, since 2016. Ash eruptions have occurred since 6 November 2016, with an eruption column 3 km (1.9 mi) high five days later. As of June 2017, a persistent gas plume lies above the volcano and repeated emissions of ash have happened, resulting in several alerts for the local population.

Return to “Around the Waterer”