General discussion forum.
Penny
On the Roost

Re: This weather sucks!

Post by Penny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:54 pm

ross wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 pm
One more week . 😊🌱
Not any better this week! Lol we are in the middle of the ice storm.

Maybe one MORE week? Lol

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 am

Well I'm not sure if I am allowed to complain or not? I was ticked off yesterday because each weekend I missed out on sales etc because of the weather. Yesterday there was a private poultry sale and sometimes you can get good deals on hatching eggs, like $3 to $5 a dozen with good results but I turned off my alarm clock Friday night because the weather men keep saying this weekend will be a disaster. At ten yesterday I text a friend because it was nice out, he said things changed. Turns out I could have gone, nothing happened. As of now it's 8:30 Sunday morning, the sun is shining here and we didn't even get one sad little snowflake. However I watched the news last night and I see southern Ontario and parts of the states had snowmageddon with hail, sleet, rain, freezing rain, tornadoes, locusts, plague, alien invasion, zombies....... so I can't complain about not going to a chicken sale. I will just sit here and pout into my coffee mug.

By the way, this weather is so weird, my chicks will be 3 weeks today and it's much colder now than when they hatched. They have spent most of their lives living in below freezing temperatures, shows the power of a good mother.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:43 am

I noticed some crocuses blooming on Thursday. By yesterday there were just a few little purple flowers above the snow, I apologised to them. Is that weird?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 am

The aliens zombies and locusts are frozen to the ice on my horse fence which is at knee level under the weight of it all. My field is white but its all crackling ice and i can barely see out the windows. The power was out for a bit last night but under 15 minutes because i was checking every 15 minutes!!! The heat lamps and brooders and incubators all came back on fine. I put heated water bases out last night just in case the zombies got cold....this is ridiculous weather. Just 2c warmer it would be rain. 2 c colder it would be snow. Havent ventured out to survey the damage to any rees but theyre heavy under the ice.....its pretty all laced in white ice but.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 am

WLLady, everything is so reversed this year, you guys are usually posting about mowing your lawn and working in your garden while we're still digging out our lane ways. Nope we didn't get a thing here, in fact the sun is still shining. Our fields are almost bare.

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am

20180415_094205.jpg
20180415_094138.jpg
My fence is getting lower.....
And i cant see out the east side of the house anymore and its still freezing rain..

Enjoy your good weather! Hope it doesnt hit you!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:07 pm

It's about half cm thick here now, but starting to thaw.
Attachments
20180415_113234.jpg
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Crocuses and daffodils encased in ice
20180415_121452.jpg

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Post by goatgal35 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 pm

At least everything here got snow covered before it got ice covered. I hope that will protect my food plants a bit. We rely on producing our own food. With the extreems in our weather it gets harder every year.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:49 pm

well we've had an hour of nasty weather. the magic spell has worn off :(
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Around the Waterer”