Nine! Nine! Nine!

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Nine! Nine! Nine!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 am

:stars:
Yaaaay! I got nine eggs from 12 hens! Lol, I'm so easily pleased. I never expected these little bantams to be so good. I have no lights or heat for them but they still are laying well. I honestly was hoping for at least 5 or 6 eggs a week, I never thought I would get more than that per day. The last two young pullets turned five months this week but the impressive thing is they started laying two weeks ago. Everybody is laying now including the mother bantam. I usually get an average of seven a day with sometimes up to eight but this week I got up to nine. I never expected a bunch of mixed bantams to be so good, in fact some of the best I ever had for this time of year. Out of the twelve three lay cream coloured eggs, one lays a really blue egg, two lay blue-ish eggs and the rest lay green with two being almost an olive colour.

:laying egg: :chicken3: :easter32: :easter34: :easter32: :easter34: :easter34: :easter32: :easter32: :easter32:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Nine! Nine! Nine!

Post by kenya » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 am

Well you've done really well and quite a colourful egg basket. Honestly I find my bantams lay the best of all, ameraucana that is, my silkies are weird layers they lay at the times everyone else has stopped but then only for a few weeks then they go broodie. I suppose if they didn't go broodie so much they might be great layers who knows. Anyway Congratulations!!!

Return to “Around the Waterer”