Amazon - best thing ever or nightmare

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Amazon - best thing ever or nightmare

Post by ross » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Time to put onus on people not companies . Business's have been doing this for ever . If people will use a service Corp or single man operations like mine was someone will provide it . If people won't use or pay what's needed to keep it running they won't . Simple . Time to put blame where belongs . I can blame myself for my Wal-Mart shopping cause on my pay scale I can't afford to pay 100$ plus more every 2weeks for my purchases . We also have a large WalMArt super store 1/2 hr from use where we buy everything from groceries to meds to hardware to clothes etc . Just makes sound economic sense & at least my dollars are spent in Canada employing Canadian locals not in the US . If folks can't live on min wage Pd new or old then improve your capabilities & talents you can offer to an employer which makes you worth more to them . At 50 as some of u know my co I worked for shut down , as well as a couple of heart artery stents ( my mid life crisis ) I went back to college for an upgrade in my gas license qualifications, worked for another co then out on my own . I didn't just sit around whining someone should do something. That someone was me . Sitting around whining bout some big company's misgivings may make you feel better but in the real world ain't worth💩 . There's a lot a angles that folks use to get ahead but the least used is the "try angle".
We can't all be Gretzkys but we all can play hockey . End of speech
Have good wknd sun shining . Gonna see how far I can go in bush with my cane & chair .Cooped in cabin fever gettin to me . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:06 pm

I think everyone should shop where "they" want to, whether it's for price, quality, because it's easy, close or whatever.
I closed my retail after 25 yrs and 1 month. I thought it was Only because of all the online competiton
But I realize now it was because "I" didn't grow with the times.
Someone asked if I'd be interested in them doing a web-site with my products...WHAT, list merchadise & sell on a COMPUTER??? Are you NUTS!!!
( I didn't have a PC, so why would anyone else, right?) My competition who were selling online at the time are still in biz....my fault, my bad.

Fast forward & nowadays I "DO" have a PC, an iPhone, & looking to get a tablet. I buy books & CDs from Amazon.
My 1st "Guide to Poultry" was $38 from Chapters, I just bought the exact same book from Amazon for $16 ~ I'd be nuts to pay extra.
I buy from Walmart if I'm in the area & eeeek even buy stuff from "ALI-BABA"
((Where else can you buy small poultry feeders & water fonts for $2?))

I doubt veri much Amazon will be in Canada any time soon.
IF they open up shop here & I can buy a book, feeder or a CD for alot cheaper, well then call me cray....I'm Doin' IT!!!!
I don't have stock in Chapters & don't have any obligation to add to their profit margin.
Next year I collect a meager Old Age Pension from the Government.
Being self employed leaves me without a company pension.
Going to save as much $$$$ as I can, so I can buy more CHICKENS!!!

PS - Ross, I just LUV your humor....Can't all be Gretzky's, but we can play hockey!!!!
ha ha ha, what about those of us who can't...like me! LUV IT Ross, enjoy the bush
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Yu get to cheer on the side for us who think we can . Lol
It's been said we can't all be in the parade , somebody has to be on the curb clapping & cheering . Thanks Princess
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:42 pm

ross wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm
Yu get to cheer on the side for us who think we can . Lol
It's been said we can't all be in the parade , somebody has to be on the curb clapping & cheering . Thanks Princess
:banana: hee :yay: hee :stars: hee :cow: hee :rofl: hee :wave:
:dance: hee roflmbo hee :beer2: hee :wee: hee :wave:
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:29 am

Lol, @baronrenfrew did you mean to say hardass while talking about toilet seats or did you not realize you were being punny.... groan.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm

:beer: :farmer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Around the Waterer”