Mid- life crisis

General discussion forum.
Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Mid- life crisis

Post by Jaye » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:50 pm

We went to Cozumel for our honeymoon. We loved it, but that was almost thirty years ago, so things may have changed. Scuba and snorkeling spots were great there at the time.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:27 pm

my sister just got back from Cozumel. She's bitching that the temp was only 24 and the ocean too cold to swim in (of course now that she's gone its warmer). Bicycles for rent, airport on the island, reasonable temps, sounds great to me!
We went to Cancun in October in 2011: resort was 1/3 capacity ( i wouldn't want to be there in high season): $850 for 8 days, 2 days rain (it is a jungle and the wet season), 3 days cloudy and 3 days sunny: it was warm and I sat drinking beer reading a Tom Clancy novel so it suited me fine.

So when is your birthday anyway?
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 pm

We have plans this year for a trip (or 2?)
excited @ the possibilities :banana:
Last edited by Poultryprincess on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 pm

@baronrenfrew biking, snorkeling, Corona and laying on a beach in good temps sounds perfect to me. My birthday is Feb 20th and it looks like we will be flying out that morning. So I will wake up here and drink myself to sleep there ;)

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 pm

So I got disturbed this summer - by the "entertainers" who have been passing on. For some reason Carla and I have not seen many live music or comedy acts. So we made a list: Bowser and Blue and the Lost Fingers were on top as "local" and affordable groups to see. Life is short - don't sit around waiting for the grim reaper, make yourself scarce and I'm sure you'll get more time.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 am

@b@baronrenfrew you think "midlife crisis" is hitting now, you just wait LOL

Do what you can, while you can! Don't wait. Get er done.

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 am

My "life crisis" is still going strong....collecting my meager pension ($800 CPP & OAS combined ) since April 2019.
DH will get the same thing starting March 2020. Our property tax eats up 10 months of my Old Age pension!
House has been on and off the market for a long time. Discussions (shhhhh fights) have become the new normal.
He wants to stay, I want to go. We've looked at places but he's not interested in anything.
DH "wish list" - brick victorian house, barn, pond, farmed acreage, no neighbors, hour from T.O. for about $350K> :sAng_banghead: :pull_hair:

"BUT" I've been busy and determined to clear up the poop I DO & don't want in my life.
Lost 45 lbs, make time to see friends often, took a few short trips out west to visit Paternal cousins
Aug 2019 found my 1/2 brother Steve. He lives in BC, so visited him twice while out there :banana:
Also an over nite trip to Chicago last year to meet my newly found Maternal cousins

My "Retirement" is still a work in progress but I'm plugging away at the things I can change.
For me, it means staying active, making time for friends & looking forward to the future.
Last nite we received an offer Over asking, DH is NOT happy & says he doesn't want to sell....fingers crossed!!!!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:54 am

Poultry Princess - wow - sell it before real estate takes a hit! (its coming) if you want articles to convince "hubby" ai can send them.good luck there!

Met long lost family, lost weight, well done!

I'm working on my exercise/weight - currently 315lbs - need to get under 250lbs.

I am now getting close to long lost family as well - ex sister in law (she was a sister to me as a kid - and I'm closer to her than with my bro) plus nieces and nephew (my brother pushed them away - goof).

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:43 pm

"PM'd" You baronrenfrew!

Return to “Around the Waterer”