Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by poultry_admin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 am

Time's ticking..... If you have any last minute thoughts of entering the :PTO: online show, you have until Sunday evening!! :cowboy:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 am

poultry_admin wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 am
Time's ticking..... If you have any last minute thoughts of entering the :PTO: online show, you have until Sunday evening!! :cowboy:
I would just like to add, if you are thinking, maybe I will do it next time........if there aren't enough entries, it will show lack of interest and there may not be a next time :top points

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Great entries so far, and looooooots of room left to enter

Progress: PTO Online Show Entries to date compared to Fall 2016
44%
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:29 am

this winter has been brutal and my birds look like crap, otherwise i'd be in.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Come on everyone even if your pictures aren't the greatest, you get great feed back. Just go for it!

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Sunday is moving day for a bunch of my birds into breeding pens, so I hope to photograph a few while I am moving them around. If all goes as planned. Worse case I can post a few photos of my battle wounds tying to catch and move several big tom turkeys.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 pm

i would be totally embarrassed to submit any of mine......seriously......not the right time of year here. sigh. maybe i have a half decently clean turkey....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I bathed 3 of mine several days before I took pictures, but by the day of, two of them looked like I hadn't done a thing. The oldest ones are moulting a bit and look extra shabby There's one that I was wanting to take pictures of, but didn't (because I put no effort into cage training her, and she's wild) , of course looks spectacular lol :sighke1: :dunno: Oh well.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

:party: Happy (belated) cake 'n candle day, Mr. Killerbunny! Hope it was a good one.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Good evening. Another end to a crazy weather day.... snow, rain, freezing rain then snow again. I had planned to take some photos today but with the crazy weather and given my birds are not trained in anyway to stand still, that did not happen. The online show is an awesome idea and hats off to the organizers and to people actually organized enough to take photos of their birds. With the crazy weather I am having enough issues just keeping my birds healthy, let alone looking good. Hopefully if there is another show in the future I will be organized enough to get some photos.

On another note I did at least get most of my chicken breeding groups set up today, just need to set up my small cream legbar group and get my turkey groups set up asap. I think I was crazy thinking I could get 4 turkey breeding groups set up by spring.

The slightly longer days are nice, I actually make it home from work the odd day before dark to check out the birds. Spring can't come soon enough.

Unfortunately with teaching too many different courses, and too many extra-curricular activities I am involved with at my school, and too many activities my kids are in my health has taken a backseat. :( Put some weight back on the last 2 months and my blood sugar is creeping back up into the diabetic range, so back to focusing on healthy eating and exercise, so I don't have to go back on diabetes meds. Stupid me.

Hope everyone has a good night.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Return to “Around the Waterer”