Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Happy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:38 am

Lol sorry but the fake egg thing made me laugh. And if I was your egg customer I’d think that was hilarious! People are just too serious these days ;)
I’m laughing WITH you @WLLady

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 am

Oh sorry, I'm laughing too.
Where did you get the fake eggs from BTW?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am

it'll be funny tomorrow. just not in the mood today i guess.
berryhill sells them. they have white and brown and i guess they're very realistic-if people can't tell them apart!!!! they do work for breaking egg eaters.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

okay, i am laughing about it today. and the guy is calmed down, an extra free dozen this week and an explanation as to just what we use ceramic eggs for seems to have worked.....
had his daughter fooled too...

had to get the vet out for my mare....she's started coughing on the weekend. and just getting worse and not better and then trouble breathing, and this morning she met me at the stall down with those puppy dog eyes of "i don't feel well mom-make it better", that was 3 hours before the vet arrived. i had called on monday to get an appointment for her. i love my large animal vet. she's awesome! came in, and listened and looked and handed me a huge bottle of steroids and a calendar for dosing. Molly seems to have allergies, and the air quality has likely sparked it off, so her lungs are inflamed and raspy....we talked about the fire too, because she was in the north paddock north of the fire, and might have got some smoke as they ran away from it....so anyways, hopefully she'll be feeling better in a week or so. hate when the furchilds are sick. she said both horses look amazing and in wonderful condition for their age. :-) good to hear. so. molly thinks i'm chasing her with deworming paste LOL. she'll learn that she feels better with it and likely try to eat the syringe tonight....

and not sure if i mentioned it before but the construction is officially FINISHED! well, our contractors are done. we still have loads to do....but its getting there. in waiting on the vet this morning I installed the stairs for the patio door.....and we finished the front door stairs last night. one more to go tonight. then i can start the complex "ikea" kit of a greenhouse build....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:41 pm

WLLady wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm
in some of the things i was reading about solitary bees there are some that have 1-3 generations a summer....oh and i have 2 houses things arriving tomorrow...ha ha
LOL tell me more! What kind of houses? Where did you order from? Looking forward to hearing your bee adventures.

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 am

oh, just amazon.ca....they delivered to my door. am i lazy or what. armstrong and blackbury solitary mason bee nest. they're just the little green plastic ones....figured i would try it out and see. no one in there as of last night. but they'd only been up a day. i have lots of sweat bees in the garden that i saw last night, my squash finally flowered! not a single honey bee, but lots of the little yellow sweat bees and sand bees....i did find a stand of those horrible phragmite things just in the next ravine along the road from me-along the edge of my ravine....so i'm going to putter down on the atv sometime and cut them down (if just to get rid of them from getting into the ravine too far!) and i'll try making a few houses from scratch. i have tons of baler twine....thats not a rarity on any farm.....

memo to self. 2000 pound horse on steroids DOES bounce up and down standing still. LOL. molly is feeling a lot better this morning....actually came trotting over for her dose this morning. (of course there's a few oats involved too). now ted is shunning me, because he's feeling ignored....horses. holy moly.

OH!!!! great news - yesterday was my last physiotherapy appointment after my surgery! i don't have to go back if i don't need it! whoohoo! its been 16 months of physio. yay! of course i'll need to keep it up on my own, but that's no problem. yay! another milestone! i still can't walk a mile outside, that's the next hurdle....once i can do that, comfortably, i'll be super happy and consider myself as normal as i can be.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 am

Good news Kathy . Normal eh you must be talkin the body ,right ? As far as the mind I've never known any chicken folk to be normal there . Lol Rock On . 🐓🦃🐓🦃
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 am

"as normal as i can be" given i'm a chicken person. LOL. exactly right @ross

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 am

You just can't get good help these days. I would wonder if these helpers were literate.
Makes me think of when I was working. It was more work to take a day off because of the preparation for my replacement, then the double workload when I got back in catching up on what wasn't done in my absence.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Good news @WLLady ! Congrats

Return to “Around the Waterer”