Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by ross » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 am

Always prepared & depend on myself .No disappointments that way . Don't know those guys your talking about . Extra prep never went to waste . Lol
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

treerooted
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by treerooted » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:01 pm

A little late for good morning, but good afternoon!

My chickens have pretty much stopped laying, only been getting 1-2 eggs from 13 :(. Must be some molting going on as well, since there seems to be a lot more feathers in the coop. They're not big fans of the cold, and there's a little bit of frostbite going around but everyone seems to be fine and the heated dog bowl has been great.

Looks like a couple days of relief before one more cold blast, and then maybe things will be a bit more tolerable after that.

Got my x-country ski trails done through the woods over the holidays, so that's been lovely!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 pm

"Coast to coast radio with Art Bell" is an am station: gov't conspiracy, alien sightings, this is the place (and this stuff is a lot less "fruity" than you think)

Yep, first day with the skidoo, pulled the starter rope out...yeeha...-20 something taking it apart...got r done..purrs like a kitten.
Now I need a sled to haul firewood...the pile is evaporating fast.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

This question has been bugging me for a while now: On those Aliens.... With all the phones hanging out everywhere capable to take pictures and movies at a seconds notice, where are all the UFOs :question:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Martin I thought you would know . Aliens are like chosts , not photogenic & as far as blurry pics of Bigfoot it's not the pics . Bigfoot is blurry as he goes in & out of the time warp . Just thought I'd fill in the gaps . Remember always be lookin over your shoulder yu never know & tinfoil don't work .
Luck

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

:doh:
thanks man!!! That explains it!
roflmbo

I guess I just have to wait for blurry UFOs :pop:

They are almost here...Let's go greet them: :cow:

:beer2:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:22 pm

To cold man ...

:beer2
Attachments
image.png

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 am

not worried about alien invasion this week, it's too cold for them.....LOL
good morning everyone!
a balmy -30 with the windchill this morning, and only -15 without.
amazingly the roads are only a little drifted. but my driveway will apparently need scraping out after the wind dies down. woolly mammoths are doing fine (horses) although really want "supplemental" food....like CORN NOW! whatever. here's a carrot eat. it's better for them anyways, because they can stand to lose a little bit of the mammoth part....
chores are aptly named in this weather. i've taken to 2 pairs of gloves on my hands, and another 2 zipped up inside my coat to switch out while doing chores. takes a LOT for me to do that. this classifies.
have some frostbite issues on a couple of my big combed roosters this year. sigh. not surprised at these temps. my barn is about 10 degrees above outside temp, but these things seem to have to dunk their combs and wattles, and all the bag balm in the world won't help. so i might not have entries to the photo contest this year.....everyone is too poofed up trying to stay warm!
my broody EO finally stopped brooding (i've been taking her eggs)....thank goodness. now she's walking around doing the clucking like she has chicks, but there aren't any (because i've been taking her eggs....oh, said that before). she'll snap out of it i hope. amazingly, no frozen eggs yesterday....and my turkeys are laying.....like ALL my turkey jennies are laying.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 am

Fresh here too . Yep it's true Xmas is over . Last night had about 30 of Santa's reindeer grazing in the hayfield across the road . He sure keeps a lot of extras around in case of breakdown . Also saw a faint red glow in the field too me thinks Rudolphs nose need charging . Have a great day folks . DING OHOH HOHO HO

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

Glow in the field, maybe Santa and his reindeer are aliens, think about it, that would explain a lot! Speaking of aliens, the thing I never understood was with all that technology and traveling through space, why do they insist on anal probes, I mean shouldn't they be smart enough to just ask us what we had for supper? I know that I would choose to just tell them if I had to make a choice between listing everything I ate in the last 48 hours over an invasive procedure! I don't know about you but I get grossed out over just using a q-tip to clean my ears so a probe is a no no!

Return to “Around the Waterer”