General discussion forum.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by kenya » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm

goatgal35 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:55 pm
Eventful week. Wednesday evening our Daughter totalled her truck. While we are at the hospital with her our son gets in a motorcycle acceident. Both kids are okay. Whiplaah conccussions and some broken teeth, but alive and ok. Same night something got into our 80 meat birds who we're booked in to be butchered next week and killed all but 4. New birds ordered and super greatful to still have both our kids.
Oh wow! What a horrible day for you. Hope things
get better.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 am

hi everyone! glad to report the greenhouse is built...and no further issues.
Goatgal! OMG i'm so sorry! i'm glad the people are okay! i'm sad the chickens aren't....hopefully you can figure out what it was (dog does come to mind) and it won't happen again. i hope both your kids heal up well, whiplash and concussions are not fun....and i sympathize with the broken teeth....sigh.

dentist tells me that he won't do anything to fix the cracks unless they crack worse or get cavities or start getting sensitive. so that's good news anyways. so far so good. the headache is finally gone as of last night, and they aren't too sore...but now the bruise is coming out over my lip. LOL. that's only 5 days after the fact.

we actually had rotation in the storms that went over yesterday morning. sitting eating breakfast and the weather radio goes off and we're looking out the window at blue sky and sun...???? then looked south, holy crap! they did have a tornado near ridgetown from that one....and at our place we had active rotation going on on the south east and west side of the house at the same time in the clouds! off and on thunderstorms all day, so weeded the garden between storms....still more weeding to do....found huge watermelons and squash and pumpkins under the leaves! and the beans are starting, and there are bees using the pollen bee nests! yay! at least there's grass sticking out of a couple of the cells. need to get bird netting up on the grapes (tonight if i can).....always so much to do!

and need to finally cull down to the lines i want to keep....and move some girls around for some selective breedings. if i move them now i can collect in 2 weeks and start setting for september hatch and cull out the "non keepers" by end of october.....one of my welbar lines has mahogany in it, and the girls are stunning....not SOP welbar of course, but beautiful.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:40 pm

And a quick reminder.....go here: Picture of the month August 2018 and vote for the photo of the month!!!!! we've only had about 18 votes and i know there are almost 1000 members on this site.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Just took a ride around to check the salt piles & trail camera shots & trails . Looks like could be a good season . Hearing yotes at nite but no track along outside of bush . Seeing no turkey tracks here . Must be deeper in . 🦌
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Someone said "Dinner!" At WLLady's?

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Sorry video doesn't seem to play correctly. Chickens flying.

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm

ha ha i have seen that one before....its awesome. alas i dont have that many chickens. yet lol

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 am

Good morning!
Another humid day... ugh!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:21 am

Nice start to the am, 3 poults under #40 & 4 under Kathleen so far. I didn't set them until Saturday so a touch early, normal with Beltsvilles.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Opened up the 2 broody pens today and the girls are now happily mothering both sets of babies.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”