Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 am

Good morning,
I just realized @JimCrosby never admitted to what he hatched at the Milpond Hatchery, come on Jim, we need to know :)
Finally convinced DH that our years of Self sufficiency are over and got in "guys" to trim the cedar hedges, the deer have been a bit selective in their trimming system and they don't do the tops ;)
Don't remember when I enjoyed hedge trimming so much ;)
Rainy an cold, was planning to move chicks in to the barn brooder today, so that's not happening , more time to play with them in the basement :)
Have a good one!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:50 am

It's funny. 14C and drizzling here but the 2 1/2 week old turkeys are just strumming around unconcerned. hardly any brooding going on. It's funny how we stress about getting the temp right etc for the babies!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Ants. Get some borax in the laundry section at the store. Put it down the cracks liberally. Gets rid of the ants, in not noxious to most things, is cheap, lasts almost for ever. That works for me anyway.

And KB, what do you think would interest me in that rooster? Just cause I am old and skinny and miserable doesn't mean I drawn to similar. Please explain your thought processes, or lack thereof.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 am
SO if anyone wants a rather battered, apparently infertile rooster who has become too aggressive with the ladies let me know. Chunky has stopped dancing much, the girls don't like him and he ain't much of a protector preferring to lose his through the fence sparring matches to Frank. Was fertile back in January but not since. Too scrawny for soup.
Thought this might interest Colin @Farrier1987
And about the infertile part, I am not going to go there.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm

And KB, what do you think would interest me in that rooster? Just cause I am old and skinny and miserable doesn't mean I drawn to similar. Please explain your thought processes, or lack thereof.
Figured I could drive him down to you this weekend (or next) maybe? Or mail him. But I won't negotiate on price unless you drive a really hard bargain. But that may or may not delay things. LOL.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

roflmbo
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Farrier you should jump at that deal. Imagine Chunky strutting around showing off to your goats, they need some entertainment.

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm

poultry_admin wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 am
Hey, don't forget to enter this month's picture of the month contest by submitting your entry here:
viewforum.php?f=94
smiley-with-camera.jpg
I'll set up voting next Saturday, so make sure you have your pics in before!!

:bump:

Voting will be set up Saturday. There are lots of spaces left for entries!
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am

Some times I think I must be a nose, everybody picks on me. Bring him on down KB.

Getting hay in the barn this morning. Wonderful crop, lost of moisture early, then some heat to grow it, and great weather to put it up. Timothy alfalfa mix. Alfalfa was just starting to bloom, so not too course. $4 a bale. . It always feels good to get that done and be prepared for the winter.

And nice neighbors volunteered to help unload because of my back, I think I might have a bad back for a long time, or recurring as the work load ebbs and flows. It could come in handy.

Those neighbors joined a while ago, handle Busterbon. Got a dozen RSL from Freys a couple weeks ago, and a hen with 2 chicks form me to teach that hatchery bunch. They are good people and enlightened enough to have goats.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:06 am

Its raining!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Desperately needed!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”