Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: Good Morning!

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 pm

@WLLady , if you can identify the bird(s) that are making some mottled babies, and you don't want them, (and Tom doesn't), I will absolutely take those birds. And chicks. I NEED these in my life :-) . Even better than light brown, I will have purposes for these guys beyond a few white eggs mwahahahahaha :twisted:
:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 pm

WLLady wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:33 am
i have gotten 2 blacks from 40 chicks.....those i would expect honestly.....but the white mottled.....that was a totally new one for me! so far i think i have 4 or so. Sounded like TomK might be interested in a few, i'm growing them out to see exactly what they look like, and will have to do a head count. i have no clue if they're boys or girls either....i know there's for sure 3 in the brooder right now....
Yup...quite interested still...if i have more roosters MJ will kill me tho..lol :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Oh i see tom...girls only huh??
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm

WLLady wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:37 pm
Oh i see tom...girls only huh??
Well with 4 daughters and two out of three dogs being female it's a fair bet the guys around here lose...lol...but i have a hell of a time putting really nice roosters in the stew pot... :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 am

My baby girl's all growed up! This am she had been on a nest all night and rushed out to scratch distractedly just like a broody turkey does. This is very good news (especially for her) as she's only 10 months. Broody is a desired trait in these in the Livestock Conservancy. I don't ususally let them brood their first year so they learn mothering skills from the big girls but I'll see what happens. Personally I think entering her in the Odessa show was the trigger. It's this girl.
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=4429
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Good evening.

Friday night poultry road trippin’!!!!!

All I have to say .,,, time to get back on the road

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Im going to start a genetics topic on these guys sometime. Heres another weirdo from the leghorn line. Anyone want a baby robin?i think its a boy-but the colour screams girl on the chest, but red on the shoulders.....gives me a hunch there may be some auracana or ee or ameraucana tainting this line too....although the egg it came from was white. And this one appears to have mottling (mo/mo) and please do not ask me where that blue is coming from because NO ONE IS BLUE!!!! which makes me think someone is splash, but.....omg its going to drive me nuts
20180420_200642.jpg
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:07 am

WOW, look at the colour on those legs!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 am

lol, the last time I thought "look at those legs", it wasn't chickens I was looking at :)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:27 am

Dont ask me where black legs comes from. All parents are yellow. Like YELLOW yellow...not greeny yellow or grey yellow. Its a super cute chick....but attitude extreme along with the leghorn omg you picked me up and are ripping every single feather out as painfully as possible screaming that i am sure the neighbours a mile away could hear so i am pretty sure its a boy...lol

2 turkeys hatched. Dont ask what breed. Yellow lol. Another 8 or so in there. About half are due today and half on monday....so they are all staying in till monday or tuesday.
And heres a pic it really did happen lol
20180421_070948.jpg

Return to “Around the Waterer”