Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Good Morning! in 2018

Post by poultry_admin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 am

Good morning all in 2018!!!

As mentioned in the previous "Good Morning!" topic, this is the continuation of the good morning theme from previous years, just starting a new topic to keep maintenance a bit easier...

So: Good Morning!!

:welcome: in 2018
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 am

Well to start the New Year the power went out for 3 hrs. Thank goodness for the generator!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 am

All fine here . Still cold . I'll finish blowing the over 12" of snow we got here Sat nite away from barn yard today & wait for next dump . Living near Lake Huron can sometimes be a blessing & other times not . Have a good one . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 am
Well to start the New Year the power went out for 3 hrs. Thank goodness for the generator!
Good morning!
Not a great start to a New Year KB, the old saying goes that what you do on New Years Day, you will do rest of the year.
I am taking great pains to do as little cleaning as possible today :)
Still deadly cold here, barn on average about 10 degrees warmer then outside, with a bit better when the sun comes out.
Bedding is getting higher in the barn, time to raise the waterers and feeders, way too early in the year I think.
Have a safe and warm one!

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Good afternoon. Back home after visiting family in the warmth of down south, southwestern Ontario, lol. Was worried about the birds in the cold, but a friend took great care of them and everyone seems fine. A touch of frostbite on a couple roosters, I will put a bit of bag balm on them and adjust the ventilation and all should be good.

Happy New Year and stay warm.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

In case you weren't feeling old enough, just think about this.... Remember a few years ago the Y2K panic, with all the computers crashing and airplanes falling from the sky, well all those Y2K New Year's babies will be turning into young 18 years old men and women!!!! I'm just going off to mourn my youth.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 pm

G Thanks SR! I was 18 during our ginormus new years eve y2k let the power go out party! it never did go out though and we were waiting. :-) good times.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Yep remember the party / fire outside . Filled up water barrels insulated in barn with horses , filled extra gas cans , Genny & , extra load a firewood , chickens & rabbits live in barn for future use & 2 loaded shotguns & 2 loaded chow/shepherd watch dogs to deter citiots . Lol
What a joke but great Newyears bonfire . Seems like yesterday .
Good old days
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:26 am

ah 18 years since the day that didn't do what everyone seemed to think (i didn't do anything to "prepare"....lol....figured if it happened it happens, and if it didn't then i could smirk at everyone that did prepare for well....not much!). (thankfully nothing did happen....)
this also means it's been 19 years since my hubby and i met. we met the year before Y2K, and been together since! wow. it does seem like yesterday.
well, much less snow in london than at home....we plowed a lot this christmas!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 am

I wasn't worried about everything going bonkers for Y2K, only that we may not have been able to use bank machines etc. Funny thing though, I didn't go to any parties, just stayed home and went to bed, early that morning Ottawa had an earthquake, I remember jumping up thinking "holy bleep it's really happening"! I actually looked out the window to see if there were any explosions lol.

Al at 36 I seriously hope you are not trying to complain about getting older, you haven't even begun to get old!

Ross, good grief, I warned you about forgetting to wear your tinfoil hat, were you listening to Cost to Cost with Art Bell at the time or too many X-Files episodes? Lol.

Return to “Around the Waterer”