Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by ross » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Lots a rain comin down here . 😀😀😀😀😀😀🌽🌽Just p/u our sweet corn of the season down the road . BBQ ribs ,Maple Syrup sauce , sweet corn , fresh strawberries /cream for supper .livin the dream . 🦃
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 am
Big surprise this am when I went to get a little garlic for eating. It's almost dry in the ground, I expected it to be awful and the bulbs are fat and beautiful! These are the ones I got from Bart at Bulbs of Fire a couple of years ago. OC had some of these too. I suppose it pays to buy good stock.
I didn't have much luck with garlic this year, although we had some lovely meals out of the scapes, the bulbs are about half the usual size, glad I planted double my usual number, but pound for pound it's going to be the same as my usual 125, although I planted 250.
Reminds me of our neighbor who commented one year that he planted 50lb of large seed potatoes and harvested 50lb of small potatoes. ;)
I suspect it's time to feed the garden a bit more proactively, hope my composting bins deliver.
Some rain this morning, not enough to even dampen the ground, starting to think it is never going to happen.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Just got soaked through putting birds away! Yay!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:20 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Ontario Chick wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 am
Good morning,
Some VERY interesting development on the Black chicks, I may have come up with a "negative" Columbian :lol:
Must...see...pictures... No, wait, don't show me. Wait, yes, I have to see. No, I don't need anymore project ideas. But oh the possibilities... :pop: roflmbo

:gaah:
I have decided that PTO is an evil place and promotes horrible things like addiction, covetousness and even sloth. Now that I have a crowing hen, I'm probably officially going to he77.
So Jan, I have got a trio saved for you, it's high time for a new variety of Wyandottes :lol:
Reverse Col. chick.jpg

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Hana, I've already caught myself, twice, taking stock of any of my mutts with silver leakage, to see if any of them would be good candidates for a Wyandotte project breeding. Before this notion came up, I had one black hen that was likely going to the stewpot, because she has a rose comb and lays tan eggs, and I didn't want her in the layer pen getting mixed up into my Easter Eggers and further mucking up the pea combs. Now, I think she might have a future. The barn is going to be getting a redesign inside anyway, as the way it is now, the stalls are shoddily built (last owner threw them together for sheep, and they really won't hold anything else in) and near impossible to clean. I think I may add one more chicken pen to the redesign. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???!!! roflmbo roflmbo roflmbo

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 pm

JAN . Did you know there’s no such phrase in a collector of anything language as “ JUST ONE MORE “
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 pm
Hana, I've already caught myself, twice, taking stock of any of my mutts with silver leakage, to see if any of them would be good candidates for a Wyandotte project breeding. Before this notion came up, I had one black hen that was likely going to the stewpot, because she has a rose comb and lays tan eggs, and I didn't want her in the layer pen getting mixed up into my Easter Eggers and further mucking up the pea combs. Now, I think she might have a future. The barn is going to be getting a redesign inside anyway, as the way it is now, the stalls are shoddily built (last owner threw them together for sheep, and they really won't hold anything else in) and near impossible to clean. I think I may add one more chicken pen to the redesign. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???!!! roflmbo roflmbo roflmbo
roflmbo
So I am thinking we could call them Silver Speckled???? OR, Speckledy Silver????
Here is the cockerel,
Speckledy cockerel.jpg

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 pm

ross wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 pm
JAN . Did you know there’s no such phrase in a collector of anything language as “ JUST ONE MORE “
The struggle is real. I just had ANOTHER hen go broody for another round, so I set more eggs for her to raise alongside her own. Even though I have possibly HUNDREDS running around out there, I want more mottleds and laced and spangled and crele, so I HAVE to hatch a lot. Even though it's getting late in the season, which means I'm probably going to be overwintering a LOT instead of eating them. I'm starting to draw a crowd, I think I should charge admission and bill my place as a tourist attraction.
Ontario Chick wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm
roflmbo
So I am thinking we could call them Silver Speckled???? OR, Speckledy Silver????
Here is the cockerel,
Speckledy cockerel.jpg
:rubbingchin: :rubbingchin:
I kind of like "Speckledy"...it's going to need a unique colour name to distinguish it from speckled, silver laced or spangled. Oh, dear. :help:
:chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks: :chicks:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

"Starburst" ?

The well just ran dry... first time in 37 years, bummer, the only silver lining (and there always is one), if the submersible needs to be replaced , it no longer requires digging for it under the front porch, since we put on to extension and the kind government help with the bill ;)

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 pm

ross wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:49 pm
Lots a rain comin down here . 😀😀😀😀😀😀🌽🌽Just p/u our sweet corn of the season down the road . BBQ ribs ,Maple Syrup sauce , sweet corn , fresh strawberries /cream for supper .livin the dream . 🦃
We must have missed our invite for supper????

Return to “Around the Waterer”