Good Morning! in 2018

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Good Morning!

Post by WLLady » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:19 am

just wow! with all the rain and the melted snow delaware is under water as far as one can see........it's right up into the horse farm down there, and the new archery/hunting store antler ridge has water almost at the back door! the bridges on gideon have water right at the edges....they will likely be overflowing very very soon.....half our parking lot on campus is underwater. the tennis courts are under at least 3 feet of water too. all i can say is i'm VERY happy that i live on the higher side of the river.....but i won't be surprised if the water backs up around the ravine or floods over the bridge on the highway close to us. seriously impressive amounts of water going down the river!

horses got their pedicures this morning and i'm very very happy we put that barn up. yay! hopefully it doesn't turn into a skating rink later today......
i did remove the raccoon attack topic in health, it did read very much like an ad, and the link actually did go to a business for wildlife removal, since i cannot confirm the person that posted it, i have removed the topic. thank you folks (you know who you are) for pointing it out. @jeanbaker if that post was not an ad, feel free to PM me....we can discuss.

hope everyone stays warm and dry!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks Kathy . Yep row row row your boat . Up here on the hill we feel like Noah in the Ark on Mt. Arrat . Be safe all .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:53 am

Lol..yes.i kinda wondered where that thread went....yikes...nothing is sacred....

As to the water issue..i purposely built my place up here on a ridge...bone dry...i truly feel for those folk living in low lying areas or, god forbid, along the river's edge...my back meadow, aka my back yard is fairly flat until it drops off into the ravine on the west side..its not obvious when its dey but in times like this you can readily see three distinct channels running east to west across the open expanse...the one closest to.my house is just interupted at the very weat end by the end of my solar array footings and the water is diverted around and downward and, yes you guessed it, into the edge of my garden...it has eroded a gulley about a foot wide and almost as deep in the tilled soil right down the northern edge all the way into the open field below.... time for a French drain diversion project as soon as the ground thaws ... Sheesh..like I need more to do.... :running-chicken:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:03 am

2 of my students are not coming today-the river is all around their apartment building. literally.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Hot off the presses - there are 2 Robins in our yard!!!!!!!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Update - red winged blackbirds too.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Red-winged blackbirds makes spring almost official in my mind! One more short cold snap and winter will (hopefully) be done. Pea soup fog last night, but it's lifted today, to show the bean field across the road is mostly underwater. Not as bad as last year though, where it came over the road and flooded our own. It's a small field, but the guy really should have it tiled if he wants to continue to grow beans. It's at the bottom of a slope, and makes a nice pond for wild geese anytime we get any significant rain or snow melt. I really feel for you mid-western folk.

thejonesboy
Turkey Wrangler

Post by thejonesboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm

OK, I'll post it again! :yay:
question.jpg
Andy :egg:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm

IMG_3233.JPG
so we had three weeks of minus 30 - then I got a month with my sled. a month! (before that the snow wasn't deep enough.)

now I need a combination sled/boat. I guess thats called an argo.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Would this 1/2 & 1/2 work Baron ? Even haul your firewood .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”