General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Aging fuel tank.

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:14 am

Skinny rooster wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm
It's pretty big, I would like it to disappear. Most places don't want it because of it having fuel inside. I will ask around. Don't worry, I will not cut it open, when I was in high school, two old lads cut into a tank with a torch. I still remember the blast today. Lucky the men were not hurt. When they were asked what were they thinking, they said "what?"
You obviously don't want to cut it in half and make something else out of it, and I don't blame you ;) it's nice to get rid of these things, especially if you plan to sell the place eventually, nobody wants to inherit a giant metal tank.
How about looking at the companies that manufacture these things (there may be a label on the tank) they may have a disposal system in place?

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:45 pm

OC, this tank is so old, the company label might say Adam and Eve! I am hoping for a scrap metal guy as you suggested earlier. I may even offer it to other farmers as some of them love to accumulate "stuff". I want to stay on the good side of the environment nuts..... umm I mean environment people. Plus it looks cleaner to be rid of it.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Just drag out to side of road & paint "Free" on it . Won't take long it will be gone . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”