Viewing of photos

General discussion forum.
Outlook South
Newly Hatched Chick

Viewing of photos

Post by Outlook South » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Could someone please tell me how i can qualify to view photos on this site?
If one wants to buy anything it's difficult if you can't see anything!!
Help please.
Thanks

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Viewing of photos

Post by kenya » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 am

I've never heard of anyone having difficulties seeing photos, I'm sure someone can help you.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:05 am

It could be because I think there are a minimum number of posts required before a new member has full access and privileges to the site.
Or, it may be the device you are trying to view from and/or the type of image ... I can't view imbedded images when I access the site from my laptop at work because of network security restrictions.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am

we don't have any restrictions on viewing the site, you just have to be logged in.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 am

Sorry, I misspoke about new member restrictions on this site. I must have been thinking of another forum that I was a member of at one time.
I think a possible reason for not being able to view images on this site is that you are trying to access from a work device on a company network with security restrictions for images on external websites. Kind of difficult to troubleshoot with the limited information you've provided though.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:51 pm

the old PSO did have restrictions.....honestly we can't be bothered, we have a first post needs approval restriction to make sure new people aren't spammers, and even that is mostly automated :-) i would suggest that either your security settings on your internet, the connection (if it's dial up you won't likely load a big photo before it times out), or if you are using a mobile device on cellular if you have data restrictions set up. otherwise everyone here if they are logged in should be able to see everything.....what device are you using? wifi or cellular or data or hardwired or dialup or? maybe i'll pull @poultry_admin in here to see-he knows way more about this stuff than i do....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks @Outlook South for asking.
The settings were:
viewing, posting, downloading: all needed to be logged on, so had to be a registered user.

However your question prompted me to think about it and as of now the settings are:
viewing - anyone can. This should help especially with the classifieds.
posting, replying, pm messages: only for logged on users.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Return to “Around the Waterer”