Clocks back .

General discussion forum.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Clocks back .

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:31 am

and CBC radio just said this is "Toronto pedestrian stupidity week" as three times as many pedestrians get hit this week as any other week. lack of crosswalks, cars running yellow lights, lack of street lighting, people walking while on phones, and time change= getting dark earlier all add to the problem
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:54 am

Good stuff Baron! I never knew that about the yanks moving the time change until after Halloween! I could have sworn it used to be at the end of October and I wondered what happened!

Stanley Coren has written some excellent books about dogs including "The intelligence of dogs.

Linda

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am

So I stayed up longer, because I was going to get that one hour extra, right? and then woke up an hour earlier because it was light, right?
Now I feel like I have a hangover..... so what was going to be the benefit again???

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 am

On City news they commented on pedestrians walking out and getting hit (6 on Friday?) and followed it up with motorists should know to expect this! It's like the very sad case of the Mum and toddler being killed in Scarberia. They attempted to follow the husband and one baby in crossing a busy road in a spot with no lights or crossing rather than going to the next set. The next thing was all the locals going on about the traffic going too fast, not enough lights/crosswalks etc. I'm sorry for the kid but at some point people have to take responsibility for their actions rather than blaming everything and anything else. Frankly I feel sorry for that driver.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:24 am

Aye, my ongoing assumption when I drive a car is that the other drivers are idiots and I expect them to do dumb things so: 1. i am not surprised when they do 2. I give them more space and warning (turn signals are there for a reason) 3. And I plead guilty: sometimes I am the idiot. I drive a little faster than I should (if the weather is decent and the road is dry in an unpopulated area); but in my defence I am nowhere as much of an idiot as many I see around me every day

Bottom line: an idiot in a car vs an idiot pedestrian, the pedestrian never wins

P.S. And don't get me started about pedestrians and cars in parking lots
Last edited by baronrenfrew on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am

KB - Scarberia? i think you mean Scarborough

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 am

baronrenfrew wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am
KB - Scarberia? i think you mean Scarborough
:lol: I think she meant what she said..
Yes parking lots...where the driver and the pedestrian have a Right of Way, that's why nobody looks Right or Left and just plows on...very peculiar

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:13 pm

I love you people. You're the best. :rofl:

No sense showing up an hour early for work, so if you haven't done it yet, turn your cocks black.
Goliath7-9-465x516.jpg

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:31 am

More importantly, don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors!!!!!! There were a lot of cases this summer and fall of people dying because of no smoke detectors or no batteries in smoke detectors. There was a case a few weeks ago where the firemen needed counseling because they pulled out two or three dead toddlers from a home. A $2.99 battery doesn't look so expensive after that.

Return to “Around the Waterer”